What are you doing today?

Members online

blackdog

What are you up to today? Done nothing. Turned up this morning to a big damp patch in the ceiling. Got up in the attic to sort that and found the front purlin has split. Wondered why the hatch to the attic was boarded over. It's longstanding but will have to sort it in case surveyor sees it. Might go home now.

Attachments

• 1487860241445.jpg
    1487860241445.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 308
Home early thanks to the company I do the odd jobs for limited information regarding what I needed to do the job

Half day sticking , half day looking after ill wife and doing household chores. I love sticking :D

Checked scaffold up tidy on a hack n dash job then decided IL start it Monday when Doris has feked off !

Had lazy day today. Slammed door on my toes last night chasing tge child. On bare feet, laminated floor and slide into it while slamming it! Think its defo broke :( Got up to go to work this morning but had to pull out. Have 5 jobs one after the other lined up. Started a stone job yesterday and need to get it finished asap to move onto a nice earner next so have to go in and work through the pain! :frio:

GRAPHIC CONTENT BELOW!!

IMG_20170223_183921.jpg

Had lazy day today. Slammed door on my toes last night chasing tge child. On bare feet, laminated floor and slide into it while slamming it! Think its defo broke :( Got up to go to work this morning but had to pull out. Have 5 jobs one after the other lined up. Started a stone job yesterday and need to get it finished asap to move onto a nice earner next so have to go in and work through the pain! :frio:

GRAPHIC CONTENT BELOW!!

.View attachment 16422
Slightly bigger than @clemo but my eye sight isn't what it was ;)

prep and skimmed a room in felixstowe, simple job, on the way home at 2pm. Orwell bridge closed because of high winds, Ipswich grid locked, 20 mile drive took 3 hours.

Had a 3 sqm repair job of an artex that looked like had sand in it so put a bit of sand it the artex mix and must say it came out ok ish should of asked @Lastlaff for his advice really

I hate patching artex...... but then I hate artex.
I hate patching artex...... but then I hate artex.
I actually don't mind it mate not many can do these days I do repair jobs so it's not a massive amount when they come up its messy though and I've gone over to ready mix as it's easy for me not cheap though at 35 quid for a proper artex ready mix 10kg tub I'm sure the stipple pattern is making a come back in some places lol

I doubt I could do the fans well anymore, haven't been asked for artex for 8 years+ but trying g to patch artex ..... that is nigh on impossible I find, if you can make it look anything other then a patch then hats off to you there.

I doubt I could do the fans well anymore, haven't been asked for artex for 8 years+ but trying g to patch artex ..... that is nigh on impossible I find, if you can make it look anything other then a patch then hats off to you there.
Yeah defo mate it's always hard to get looking the same but I can get pretty close and always say before I do them it will stand out from rest thing is though so many people done themselves and it's not even a pattern I do find though that I enjoy the jobs most can't or won't do and making it happen even last year with a bit of help from @superspread i made a mould of a detail on and external made a cast and poured a new one and fixed it client was well happy and must say when it came off I was well chuffed

Few different jobs on rotation, so went into today to skim some studwork along a landing recently put up to form storage from the vaulted ceiling. Fitted Stop beads around 3 doors, bit of bonding then skim. Have a bathroom ceiling to do in the morn, so blue gritted it on way home.

Plastering for me is a bit like waiting for a bus :D

Yeah defo mate it's always hard to get looking the same but I can get pretty close and always say before I do them it will stand out from rest thing is though so many people done themselves and it's not even a pattern I do find though that I enjoy the jobs most can't or won't do and making it happen even last year with a bit of help from @superspread i made a mould of a detail on and external made a cast and poured a new one and fixed it client was well happy and must say when it came off I was well chuffed

I like your mindset