Weve emptied the room out mate.

roryston

Got to board and skim this ceiling today..

Fair play to the owners they really got stuck in emptying the room out.

WP_20160528_09_31_33_Pro.jpg
WP_20160528_09_31_53_Pro.jpg

Lol ... If id of rocked up and thats there attempt I'd of just got back in my van and fooked off ....

Hop up cracks the wardrobe and your paying them pal !!

I guess we all have a choice and some more tolerant than others ,frame of mind that day etc and clients too most havnt a clue how they get what they get and what's involved or care.
If they are fit and able I would just see that as piss take and tell them to let me know when it's empty at best or charge on top as not in job description. Plasterer..................removal man.
Different species.

I guess we all have a choice and some more tolerant than others ,frame of mind that day etc and clients too most havnt a clue how they get what they get and what's involved or care.
If they are fit and able I would just see that as piss take and tell them to let me know when it's empty at best or charge on top as not in job description. Plasterer..................removal man.
Different species.

There on holiday while I'm doing the job (also doing the kitchen today) i left the a message saying im not happy with how they left the rooms. they apologised saying a family emergency got in the way, yeah right!

I'm charging them a extra £60 for moving 2 hours spent moving stuff.

This would of been a nice job to do if it was cleared out ready always the way, I rather be at home cutting the grass!

Nothing worse when u have to skim a room that's still full of the stuff. Even worse when u could put the room on in 1 lift

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Family emergency didn't stop them from fecking off on holiday though.

My point exactly mate, I cant wait until they get home from holiday knackered and there bed is all taken apart on the landing, the kids rooms are inaccessible because all there stuff is in front the doors and the kitchen table is in the way of the sofas downstairs.

My point exactly mate, I cant wait until they get home from holiday knackered and there bed is all taken apart on the landing, the kids rooms are inaccessible because all there stuff is in front the doors and the kitchen table is in the way of the sofas downstairs.

Although you've done the right thing and shouldn't of had to move it in the first place it is stuff like this that regardless of how good a job was done the client would have the hump and would of expected you to put it back without paying you for it. They don't seem to think that is there job and not ours and this is how someone can receive a bad review and not actually deserve it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although you've done the right thing and shouldn't of had to move it in the first place it is stuff like this that regardless of how good a job was done the client would have the hump and would of expected you to put it back without paying you for it. They don't seem to think that is there job and not ours and this is how someone can receive a bad review and not actually deserve it.

They knew it needed moving when I give them there quote I told them exactly what's involved in the job, I said I require (and I always make this clear to every customer) the rooms to be as empty as possible especially the bedroom because of boarding the ceiling etc I said anything bigger that cant be moved is fine as I take care of it but literally zero effort has been made to move anything (the perfume was still out) the kitchen was also the same dirty plates left out in all!

I completely understand that some things cant be helped or moved and that sometimes a genuine emergency may occur and mess things up but I booked this job in 3 weeks ago working on there times not my own they wanted it done while there on a long weekend and finished by Tuesday afternoon I would of rather not done it especially on a weekend I would of liked off for once but I kept them happy and agreed to there terms and this is how they thank me? I expected to turn up yesterday sheet up possibly move a few things and crack on, instead I walk into a ready made bedroom. I'm sure they would of had a hissy fit if I put my back out moving there stuff and I never told them I done nothing all weekend until they rang me .

Why couldn't they ring me the night before and say they had a problem and the room will need emptying?

I've worked in domestics for the best part of 10 years doing all sorts of work and I have never ever had been expected to work round this.

I told you last week!!!
Thou shall not do sas......one of T.P.Fs ten commandments:rayos:...you've brought it on yourself:endesacuerdo:

Please forgive me oh honourable fatarm for thou has sinned

I actually wanted this weekend off! But kept the customer happy

I planned to do 3 sets yesterday with a quick visit this morning to clean up! But missed a set yesterday because I had to move everything about.

They knew it needed moving when I give them there quote I told them exactly what's involved in the job, I said I require (and I always make this clear to every customer) the rooms to be as empty as possible especially the bedroom because of boarding the ceiling etc I said anything bigger that cant be moved is fine as I take care of it but literally zero effort has been made to move anything (the perfume was still out) the kitchen was also the same dirty plates left out in all!

I completely understand that some things cant be helped or moved and that sometimes a genuine emergency may occur and mess things up but I booked this job in 3 weeks ago working on there times not my own they wanted it done while there on a long weekend and finished by Tuesday afternoon I would of rather not done it especially on a weekend I would of liked off for once but I kept them happy and agreed to there terms and this is how they thank me? I expected to turn up yesterday sheet up possibly move a few things and crack on, instead I walk into a ready made bedroom. I'm sure they would of had a hissy fit if I put my back out moving there stuff and I never told them I done nothing all weekend until they rang me .

Why couldn't they ring me the night before and say they had a problem and the room will need emptying?

I've worked in domestics for the best part of 10 years doing all sorts of work and I have never ever had been expected to work round this.

I fully agreed with what you done, was slating you was just saying about the consequences of what happens through no fault of your own!

I fully agreed with what you done, was slating you was just saying about the consequences of what happens through no fault of your own!

Oh sorry mate I mis read it!

Yeah I expect ill get some snotty words off them, not that I really care I wouldn't want to do any more work for them or anyone they know!

Did a room for an Asian family a few years back. Told them the room HAD to be empty or I would turn on my heel and walk out the door if it wasn't.
When they were paying me they wanted to stop me £40 cos they had emptied the room for me.

Moral of the story ? Don't work for Asians :muyenojado:

And this is why I avoid domestics especially any that involve bedrooms, bathrooms, hsl, living rooms and kitchens...ha that's about all the rooms.

And this is why I avoid domestics especially any that involve bedrooms, bathrooms, hsl, living rooms and kitchens...ha that's about all the rooms.

You get the same issue on site....obv not furniture but rooms won't be fully ready, other trades working in them still, loads of kit laying about.
Domestic and site are a lot more similar than people make out I think.

You get the same issue on site....obv not furniture but rooms won't be fully ready, other trades working in them still, loads of kit laying about.
Domestic and site are a lot more similar than people make out I think.

If I had a pound for every time ive rolled up on site wen I've been told everything's ready etc and turned up and there's s**t everywhere and lads still working where u need to be id be a very rich man..depends wat mood I'm in wen I get there there been times ive gone in and literally threw everything out of the house including door casings etc