Wet angles

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
What make of twitch ? do you run it in the first coat ?

hi church I think its a tyzack- ( 30 years old bought it when I was an apprentice) use it on first and second application - and laying down alternating with trowel

Surely you will just do what is needed. You cannot look at the job first thing and work out the hits so there is no wet on wet. I worked with an opld plasterer a few years back and he tutted and said no wet on wet like it was a rule. But it's just nonsense. Sometimes old plasterers just say things without even thinking why. I will do whatever it takes but find that i get a better finish with the twitcher. I have a box one. Plus you dont have to scrape back any scabby bits left on the finished wall.

Feckin love the passion and desire that goes in to the wet/hard..twitch/freehand corners threads:RpS_lol:

there was one a while ago.....6 pages i think...fuckinell:RpS_laugh:

Feckin love the passion and desire that goes in to the wet/hard..twitch/freehand corners threads:RpS_lol:

there was one a while ago.....6 pages i think...fuckinell:RpS_laugh:

That's forums for you :)...how many pages does bullnose go to?

lol i got one of the adjustable mts , good arent they :RpS_unsure::RpS_wink:

There not the greatest, however the one on the opposite side which you can't see very well in that picture is the adjustable angle versa trowel ( from belmores ) which are the absolute nuts.

There not the greatest, however the one on the opposite side which you can't see very well in that picture is the adjustable angle versa trowel ( from belmores ) which are the absolute nuts.

yeah i heard that also , but the mt kinda put me off for life

I quote @TheWand you are a nuisance

You tell him Fibre fingers.................he thinks he's the forum mafia.................he aint got a chance of being in the circle of trust...............and he takes it up the gary glitter......................am telling danny to ban him to the nuisance naughty step.......... @Nisus

Last edited by a moderator:
If its any consolation i learnt how to sign i can sing a rainbow today...........................:RpS_thumbup:

Just a shame she swings like a rusty gate at the start.......................:glare:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys got a small room to skim today realistically it could be done in 2 sets ceiling then all four walls as it's only small. Always been against wet angles but would like to hear other views. Cheers lads:RpS_thumbsup:

hi pal, ive only ever really done wet angles,just how i was taught, if its a small room on me own,id do the ceiling first then crack on with the walls, 2 sets and home as you said!
in the early days,on bigger rooms my pal (who taught me) would do the ceiling and bring the wall tops in on his stilts and i would do the bottoms which ive found is a great way of learning!
i can remember a geezer who i worked with that hated doing wet corners,
he said it was easier,but he would leave dry snots all down the edges of his finished walls and then spend 15 mins tidying them up after with a tile scraper! anyways wet angles/corners are just part of the game if you can do them nice and neat its an earlier bath with more pound notes in ya sky rocket happy days!

Status
Not open for further replies.