Well I did my room, well closet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol that's like one of those silent movies! Aye, stop wearing yer wee sisters T shirts! And her black knickers ffs

Last edited:
When I put the first coat on, my only thoughts were do it quick and sort it out once it was on. It felt super fast when I was doing it, but when I watch the video back at x4 speed it just looked like I was moving at a normal pace.

Yeah, I am now very aware of how much plaster I'm using. My next wall is larger so I'm going to measure it and mix up just what I require for the first coat. I'm hoping that will make the flattening off process easier as that is where I wanted to improve the most.

Big thanks for all the joke and tips, Good forum this.

Seeing as you covered a quarter of the wall with your first handboard, it must be your technique - you might be overfilling your corners - you will improve with time mate :RpS_thumbup:

i liked the way you spent the time between 30-50 secs, so a third of the video doing the top right hand corner. and over 2 hawkfulls lol.

but fair play. but the whole wall should have been about 2 hawk fulls. and took about 1 minute max. in an ideal world obviously.

lol, will apply this lesson to my next wall.

My day job is computer software testing so i'm sat on my ass for 7.5Hrs a day. This is why i enjoy doing these jobs myself as it's a change from the norm.

I might plaster a wall tomorrow comes to think of it... can not wait.

You selfish cuuuuuuuuuuuuunt, stick to your day job, or you'll put us out of work.

Just kidding, good on ya giving it a go yourself :)

LOL, trust me I will not be putting the plastering industry out of business. Infact when people come around and look at my walls, they will be shoving cash into your hand to get a proper job done in a sensible amount of time. :) My House can be a advert, the local plumbers and sparkies have been benifiting from this service for several years. :)

how comes some guys say the same as mr dboertjerioj4412+84 and get slated to hell, and for some reason weve all took a shine to him and saying good on ya pal, keep at it lol

Yeah & he did put a couple of vids up for us.
Looking forward to his next vid of a big wall he'll need a few bags :-0

how comes some guys say the same as mr dboertjerioj4412+84 and get slated to hell, and for some reason weve all took a shine to him and saying good on ya pal, keep at it lol

Probably cos he hasn't had an attitude like some that have been slated.

We love you dbwd40. :RpS_thumbsup: Keep up the good work. You must be spending a fortune on Plaster lol

Get yourself a stool with a board on top mate (spot board). put your mix on it first and wash your bucket out. you will give yourself allot more time plus you'll save your back and your arm digging it out the bucket. clean your tools off after every mix. oh and give your Granddad his slippers back hahah

you know what.... you dont even look like you dropped any...

The bucket of muck is a bit far for me though

Could be a pro on the wind up :RpS_unsure:
Looks to comfortable with the hawk & trowel for a diyer who's learnt off the net!

some ace posts.

Recently i had to put a wall mounted hook rail in there. So out comes the brown plugs, 8mm drill bit and drill. Well it was like drilling into sponge cake!! I must have just been unlucky and hit the mortar which is like dust since my house is 150 years old. So i used loads of adhesive in the holes and on the back of the wooden plate and it looks to have stayed in place. :)

Been quad biking today so my next video should be up Monday :) Also noticed when watching a video of my first goes at quad jumping that i'm so going bold. Is this due to all that plaster i sniffed in the closet. :) Was going to skim a wall today with my girl friends dad, but at the 11th hour i was let down.

[video=youtube_share;-c2dIPIZKY8]http://youtu.be/-c2dIPIZKY8[/video]

So looks like another sole effort this weekend. Thank for the liverpool_platerer. I'm guessing the board should be plastic, I'll do some skip diving to find something suitable.

Nisus it runs in the blood, all my fathers side of the family are all plasterers. :) I'm the odd one out doing something else. A pro i'm not. I did spend a morning helping my cousin Dave, but at that point i did not even know how to correctly open bag of plaster. The only problem is i never see them much and when i do they are at the pub. It is a skill that take lots of practice though and all your input is really helping me. Big thank you all!!!

i have found myself looking at the walls of every house i visit, to look at the quality of finish. Is this normal?
Right I'm just going to do sniff a line a multi and then bed.
:RpS_blink: I'll start a new thread when i have my new plaster video.

WTF has quad biking got to do with plastering? LMFAO AND you are a poosy at those jumps!! Jeezus.....i could get more air on my mountainbike FFS.

The only problem is i never see them much and when i do they are at the pub. It is a skill that take lots of practice though and all your input is really helping me. Big thank you all!!!

i have found myself looking at the walls of every house i visit, to look at the quality of finish. Is this normal?
Right I'm just going to do sniff a line a multi and then bed.
:RpS_blink: I'll start a new thread when i have my new plaster video.

I've been trying to perfect it for 30 years mate
food-smiley-004.gif

innsbruck is agreat place bubbles. get on the franziskhaner! no hang overs! i was on skis though. top class views and well geared for bikes by the shape of it. pretty vast for europe. and some right cheezy night clubs

i fell 15 foot yeterday afternoon,i lost balance on edge,lucky the bike was still ok.Love riding 2 stroke bikes again, the smell is so adictive.lol

Its a bargain of a 250 ty 250 i picked up from a mate of mine, not done any trials riding for years, may be doing some point to point next summer.A little slowe than my blade .lol

Status
Not open for further replies.