Well I bought a tub of plasprime X

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

henry

Private Member
Well I bought a tub of plasprime X and coated a small gable in it ready to be sand + cement render.
Now it says on the tub it can replace the coat of water resistant render coat before applying the receiver coat and reduce suction.
So I can just put on a 12-15mm coat of render rule and float off. :RpS_thumbup:

D'ya reckon it would be suitable for going over a [solid] scratch coat about 10 years old Henry?

Got a linky?

So are you using it to replace a scratch coat? I sure am Danny

Bubbles I got Sovereign Chemicals to send me a leaflet I can send you mine if you give me your address but I will go on google street map :RpS_lol:. I think you would be able to go over scratch coat but if its that old then maybe the day before give it a good soak then apply plas X . Will let you kmow how it went but I think it;s going to rain.

It's gonna p!ss down marra, just as I've picked up another months' worth of outsides. What a mug taking that on in JULY FFS!!! :RpS_crying:

well if this plas x does the job of a scratch coat and the brick work is level then why not just apply one coat of render/ It's something Ive not tried before so will give a go.

Surely the joints in the lblock/brick will sho w through.

Ok after painting but the local unemployed spreads will point out its a one coat/ 2 coats same day job ?

There's a good chance it will bleb and /or be a complete b1tch to rub up, good luck though Henry.

Is it a big area?

When you apply this stuff it is like a film over the brickwork if joints are blushing through render is it to do with thickness after all a lot of s+c work internal is one coating.
Hey guess what eddie you can also use this gear in damp proofing as well:flapper:

Im sure you're right currier but surely OCR is meant for H S backgrounds and Plasprime etc will make it a no suction background ? Its a question lads, not a statement :RpS_thumbup:
i wouldnt use ocr in one coat over a high suction background eddie

Is it not just another sbr substitute charging 3 times the price? I bought a tub if sbr from selco yesterday £16+vat.

Dont know bubbles but anyone that says its just like sand, cement and lime from a mixer is of their heads

Status
Not open for further replies.