Well done the deed and bought a 1200mm Speedskim

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm the old dog and the new tricks are awesome (awesome my new work this month also lol) two ceiling today speedskim on first and second coat i sat down and relaxed for 20 mins before troweling and polishing saved me hours today plus not knacked for once

used my speedskim on a big ceiling too today ,only wished I had a second one for my mate, he has taken to it after dismissing it as crap..

The Boss said to me today:

"I've never had so much spare time between stages"

I think I will buy the 'old boy' a newspaper tomorrow:RpS_lol:

The Spats are always going to more expensive than the Speedskims, some say the have a wider range of use or are more suited in areas. We are launching the plastic blade for the EZE Spat in the next few weeks so give us a shout if you want one of them :)

The Spats are always going to more expensive than the Speedskims, some say the have a wider range of use or are more suited in areas. We are launching the plastic blade for the EZE Spat in the next few weeks so give us a shout if you want one of them :)

Can you really warrant £170!! I paid £56 for the speedskim equivalent 1200, 600, pole attachment...

More than double the price?? At the end of the day speedskim for flattening, spat for finishing what else can the spat do that I missed?

What's the difference between the eze spat and the Excalibur? Why would I want to buy a set for £250? Why would I want to use a spat that is anywhere near my trowel size?

I'm still experimenting with the eze spat, new to the spat scene so its a bit of trial and error for me. The spat is easy to use by hand but i'm having problems getting used to the pole attachment, not sure best way to hold it or how much pressure to put on it. Nearly lost a 25m2 ceiling today and had to go back to trowel at the last minute to save it. Going to persevere with it though as i know it is just down to my technique.

I'm still experimenting with the eze spat, new to the spat scene so its a bit of trial and error for me. The spat is easy to use by hand but i'm having problems getting used to the pole attachment, not sure best way to hold it or how much pressure to put on it. Nearly lost a 25m2 ceiling today and had to go back to trowel at the last minute to save it. Going to persevere with it though as i know it is just down to my technique.

Whats your thoughts stu? Expensive? Worth it? I find to hard to believe that you can properly finish a ceiling with the pole attached as you have said its about pressure surely?

I'm still on the fence with it, i have finished a ceiling with the pole attachment before but it wasn't as high as the one i done yesterday. I would say it has it uses, i love the idea of it, saves a lot of time and energy when you get it right. Leaves bonding, hardwall perfect. Don't think the spat itself is expensive for what it is but did find the pole attachment a pit pricey.Technique i've been using lay on - speedskim - lay on - speedskim, Let it pick up then dry spat, give it a bit longer then wet spat dry spat wet spat plazzi. When using after speedskim it does leave the plaster looking lovely, it's just the later stages i'm struggling with timing and pressure but as i said going to perservere with it.

Ok bud cheers for the info, as I said I want to give it a go but £170 odd for the set will pole is in my opinion too much especially with having to finish with the plazzi, by plazzi do you mean the plaziflex? Or do you use another? I haven't got one, but used to use a fire escape sign attached to an old trowel which will have done the same thing really

How's it £170? Spat i got was around £80 all in with pole from Ryan at p1ss. It's only the 600 eze spat but i thought i had better start small and work my way up.

Use the plastic trowel from Ryan, only a tenner and brings the plaster up lovely. Since i've used it every job comments on how shiney the plaster is, for the price it's well worth it.

What's the difference between the eze spat and the Excalibur? Why would I want to buy a set for £250? Why would I want to use a spat that is anywhere near my trowel size?

Spanky,

The difference is the replaceable blades, and the 2 types available. One for Render, One for Plaster. Also the EZE has an Aluminium handle, so if dropped its not going to snap ike the plastic on the Excalibur.

The £250.00 set includes 12 pieces and a pole. 1m - 80cm - 60cm then going all the way down to 2cm. Guys seem to use the smaller ones quite a lot in fairness. Your more than welcome to come up to our place, put a bit on the wall and have a play with the Spats and Speedskim. We have everything under one roof

Speeds are fetching out a steel blade for towering up in next few months so ya can whip the plastic blade ouand put te steel blade in and crack on with toweling up.

but you cant trowel up with one of these right!? just lay work down, so whats the point.... i mean you ll still have to limit how much you can put on so you have time to trowel it all up using just your trowel.

Status
Not open for further replies.