Websites

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basher

Hey up lads,
Questions for you spreaders how many of you have your own website?
Are they worth it? How do i get on myself if i want to do one?
Many Thanks
Basher

www.easyspace.com go there, choose your name, should cost about £30.00. either pay them roughly £300.00 for a basic 3 page website or get a mate to do one.

Mine does generate some work, you need to have all the 'meta tags' data filled out correctly in order for your site to appear when searched for in google and so on, hence why I pais some one to do it for me.

They are nice to have to showcase your jobs and for people to find out a bit more about you and your company ect..

I have had mine for about 3 months now and have got about £1000 of work out of it so far, it cost me peanuts to do so every call is a bonus.

Go for it!

Rich

richardbrown said:
I have had mine for about 3 months now and have got about £1000 of work out of it so far, it cost me peanuts to do so every call is a bonus.

Go for it

Where do you do this rich for peanuts that is
Rich

Website is a must no doubt about it.If your not that good on a computer and have no website building knowledge pay for someone to do it professionaly.
I get plenty of work from my website.

I had a phone call the other day from a company round my end called 'web plasma', ive had a look at the websites that they ve created for business' and they look pretty good. They do packages bronze, silver and gold the gold package only being £150 i might look into. Have a look 4 urselves

i spent a £1000 on my'n works well ganna tune it up a bit now. and im gettin new decoration site build to match nevt month. worth every penny

I've had a site for a little while now and to be honest I don't know of one single job that I've won because of it, but that may be because of the sort of jobs I try to get (new builds). They may work better for private work but I haven't had a single enquiry via my site from private house holds but as I say my site isn't aimed at that market.
My son set my site up and said it was easy enough although still beyond me according to him. Shop around theres quite a lot of difference in the prices of the hosts, I found Host Papa were offering a good deal at the time and have been pretty reliable.
church said:
a web site is a must if your not that good ......
church said:
woz a joke guys :)
I for one don't take things that seriously Church, although you were probably right :D

Thanks Andy sometimes i think people take me too seriously ???, really I'm a fun guy check out my website

church said:
Thanks Andy sometimes i think people take me too seriously ???, really I'm a fun guy check out my website
I've tried Googleing "moody b*****d with issues" but can't find your site Church ;D

Andy you may not be aware that you have won any jobs from your website but I feel that by giving the customer my business card with the website address printed on it, it just may give them the confidence to use you rather than another plastering firm.

Rich

You may well be right Richard, when I meet a new client or contract manager I always take my portfolio with me, there have been times when someone says they don't want a price off me (when cold calling) and I've persuaded them to look at it and they change their mind, I price the job and get it, portfolio seems to work better for me.

its all how u come across iv won many jobs by turning up on time in a nice van with matchin t-shirts good attitude and bad spelling. gettin a quote in quick and on good paper looking smooth ect showing off info to show who im with (ie best of "town") and sending a text with web address on sayin to check it out. ect all this fuss seems to land every job over any 1 else. sounds like a load of s**t but people say im allways the middle quote and they would rather go with me as i look like i gave a Toss

ok now drill me :0

Status
Not open for further replies.