Weber One Coat Render - Advice Wanted

Members online

Get them to take it off and give you your money back that is crap
I have to be honest, I don’t really want them touching my house, they left the place a mess, stained the patio and messed up the electrics. I wouldn’t trust them to take it off even

Does anyone have an opinion of what I should be expecting to be done? I’ve paid £5500 of the £8500 bill so far. If I settle the bill I’ve been offered to have it painted in Weber p paint free of charge.
Do not give them anymore money ask them for money back for u to hack it off plus there’s not even a hundred sqaure metres there so there on over 80 a sqaure metre for that money I’d expect not to get Rizla through the straight edge

I have to be honest, I don’t really want them touching my house, they left the place a mess, stained the patio and messed up the electrics. I wouldn’t trust them to take it off even
At least get your money back and get them to come on here so they can be told what a bunch of c**ts they are destroying your house

The extension has not long been built so they had a nice even base of block work. I just expected it to be straight and one colour! I don’t think we would get our money back unless I took it to small claims court. The boss is on holiday so I have to wait to speak to him about it yet.

The extension has not long been built so they had a nice even base of block work. I just expected it to be straight and one colour! I don’t think we would get our money back unless I took it to small claims court. The boss is on holiday so I have to wait to speak to him about it yet.
Too many idiots doing render these days

He’ll be in the Bahamas no doubt.

Too many idiots doing render these days

At least at one time floating was part of internal & external work. Now sometimes the 1st time a plasterer has used a straight edge is on expensive modem render materials.

It's only going to get worse imo. Initially modern renders were being used by spreads who had some experience in s&c now there going straight from dotting a wall to handballing mono its madness!

At least at one time floating was part of internal & external work. Now sometimes the 1st time a plasterer has used a straight edge is on expensive modem render materials.

It's only going to get worse imo. Initially modern renders were being used by spreads who had some experience in s&c now there going straight from dotting a wall to handballing mono its madness!
When your not shouting or being a gingerist you talk alot of sense lol

Bang on mate i can get mono nearly finished with just an i bar

Paint will only get the shade right but not the bumps and waves. There is an alternative to having to have to hack it off and thats a thin coat system over the existing.

You will need someone who knows how to use a straight edge though otherwise it wont be any better. Silicone finish will be better than mineral.

Sadly this is now becoming the norm.

I use to see maybe 1 in 10 render jobs that were bad. I’m now seeing over half. I’m at probably 1 call a week from disgruntled customers who have had some poor work done either wanting advice or me to repair it.

Had a beauty last week.

“I’ve had some monocouche done and about 6 inch has fell out, was hoping you could repair it should only take an hour”

The price is going to bottom out in the coming years, especially in the domestic market.

I use to see maybe 1 in 10 render jobs that were bad. I’m now seeing over half. I’m at probably 1 call a week from disgruntled customers who have had some poor work done either wanting advice or me to repair it.

Had a beauty last week.

“I’ve had some monocouche done and about 6 inch has fell out, was hoping you could repair it should only take an hour”

The price is going to bottom out in the coming years, especially in the domestic market.

I think it already has tbh....It's a real shame modern renders could have improved general rates but eventually it's just going to go to s**t I feel!

Had a beauty last week.

I disagree. It’ll get known that’s it’s a 1 chance render and the fix is a big cost. Get it right or pay twice. That’ll learn em.

Hmmmmm not sure . People like to chance things
I disagree, particularly when it comes to rendering. Most in my experience will pay the money as it's the first thing you see when you walk up to your house and won't chance it.the domestic jobs we win, I'm thorough with the explanation process and I've a big portfolio of previous jobs they can go and look at, usually wins through.

I disagree, particularly when it comes to rendering. Most in my experience will pay the money as it's the first thing you see when you walk up to your house and won't chance it.the domestic jobs we win, I'm thorough with the explanation process and I've a big portfolio of previous jobs they can go and look at, usually wins through.
I 95 percent internal mate so cant really speak on render but see alot scrimp on plastering and plead poverty . Then theres 50 million cables coming through wall for their all singing and dancing tv set up

Had a beauty last week.

I’d say 1 in 10 of our new leads are correcting botched render jobs, it’s good for business. They’ve paid the right money ie not got the job done on the cheap, it’s just the lads that have done it have been out of there depth and not know what they are doing.

I 95 percent internal mate so cant really speak on render but see alot scrimp on plastering and plead poverty . Then theres 50 million cables coming through wall for their all singing and dancing tv set up
Plasterings different, the perceived image of just painting over and ‘making do’ we know it’s more than that, but some domestic customers don’t.

Got a garage to do next week . Feel really confident bout it. Only one big wall and that's reachable off hop up.

And sun only hits one wall lol

Maybe in leafy Harrogate!

Don't work like that around my parts sadly!

I 100% do internal work atm and i think rendering is a completely different skill all together even just the product knowledge duno how people just chance it

Maybe in leafy Harrogate!

Don't work like that around my parts sadly!
I work on sites all over North Yorkshire and into west. But I take your point, your work to your audience.
If I was pricing against numpties or on domestic looking for the simply the lowest price, I’d pack in and do something different to be honest.

So tru! Also looks like the fella who rubbed it up had the touch of a rapist