Weber lac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worthy84

Hello.. just had a phone call from a site agent querying the use of weber lac on his job. The spreads are going on blockwork with it first coat with mesh then a second pass which is being sponged up?? Has anyone heard of this before? Thanks

Hi Mate

That is the normal way to install LAC and mesh.... not sure about it going onto blockwork though, usually onto approved insulation or boards..

Have you tried calling Weber's technical guys to qualify?

I am sure there will be some experienced Weber guys on soon.

Thanks for the replies guys. Spoke to weber and they say use POC for the mesh coat with LAC 2nd and sponged up. The POC is in the same colour bag as lac so there's been a cock.uo somewhere. Think il give this job a miss.

You can sponge lac If you want.

Or it can be finished of the trowel/spat

I wouldn't apply to block direct

Weber .rend LAC

How much should I charge per m2 to supply and fit weber LAC x 2 coats weber primer and finish with weber plast tf150

Old thread but , I got nine metres of external board to fit and then plaster, was going to use weber lac,mesh then more lac then sponge, is the primer on top of this then something else. Also when fitting the boards do I keep a 3 mm gap between each then fill and tape, I will rarely do this and it's to small to get some one in I think for 9 m on a gable wall..

For rendering over aboard substrate you'll need the following weber products:

· weber.rend LAC - 3m² per bag
· weber standard meshcloth - 45m² per roll
· weber PR310 primer - 40m² per tub
· weber.plast TF150 - 5m² per tub

the weber.rend LAC is applied in two 3mm passes with the meshcloth pressed into the first 3mm pass.
This is then sponge finished as you would a normal sand cement render
The primer is painted on 3-4 days after the weber.rend LAC is finished
The weber.plast TF150 trowelled on when the primer is touch dry

Yes John it will need a primer before the bucket coat just roll it on then let it dry
Thanks ,it's all new stuff to me ..
the weber.plast tf150 is a bucket coat ? How is it finished,troweled on with a plastic trowel.
? ?

Last edited:
Thanks ,it's all new stuff to me ..
the weber.plast tf150 is a bucket coat ? How is it finished,troweled on with a plastic trowel.
? ?

It might only be a small job but surely you will need some one there who has used the materials before?
If not go on site for a day with some one in your area.your obviously a time served spread but it's a million miles away from sand and cement

It might only be a small job but surely you will need some one there who has used the materials before?
If not go on site for a day with some one in your area.your obviously a time served spread but it's a million miles away from sand and cement
I can get people in but hard to get someone good,

John will be ok ,he will get the help that he needs ,or he will not do it ,he is not going to **** up his name for a few mt2 :rolleyes)

Old thread but , I got nine metres of external board to fit and then plaster, was going to use weber lac,mesh then more lac then sponge, is the primer on top of this then something else. Also when fitting the boards do I keep a 3 mm gap between each then fill and tape, I will rarely do this and it's to small to get some one in I think for 9 m on a gable wall..

For rendering over aboard substrate you'll need the following weber products:

· weber.rend LAC - 3m² per bag
· weber standard meshcloth - 45m² per roll
· weber PR310 primer - 40m² per tub
· weber.plast TF150 - 5m² per tub

the weber.rend LAC is applied in two 3mm passes with the meshcloth pressed into the first 3mm pass.
This is then sponge finished as you would a normal sand cement render
The primer is painted on 3-4 days after the weber.rend LAC is finished
The weber.plast TF150 trowelled on when the primer is touch dry

Hi John

ref the board - a 3-5 mm gap all around the boards - use the screws to create the gap, butt the board edges to the screws, fix and them remover the screws.

Weber don't need the joint filler and tape - just push some LAC into the gaps prior to applying the full basecoat and mesh (this can be done wet on wet)

Good Luck!

Joniaosiafif

What i would say is aim for a 4/5mm pass lay the mesh gently with your trowel so it rests in the top 1mm of the first pass. After a few hrs it will firm up. Nice enough for you to spread a slightly wetter 1mm skim over that. It will finish like glass.

If you have no previous exp with LAC then that's what I would suggest. The mesh is closer to the surface too.

Its very easy to use as far as polymer base goes.

Been on it today and last week myself

John will be ok ,he will get the help that he needs ,or he will not do it ,he is not going to **** up his name for a few mt2 :rolleyes)

I think it's easier than completing a s&c job.i don't doubt he can do it at all.
With mr rigs helping out it should be a lot easier

Status
Not open for further replies.