Web site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay 797

This is probably more aimed at Danny but how many of you advertise via a web site & do you get many jobs through it or rather do you get many leads through it? I get the vast majority (95%) of my work via word of mouth & probably 5% via the Thompson Local but have been thinking of advertising elsewhere as it seems to be slowing slightly. Any feedback as far as websites, costs & whether they are viable or not would be gratefully received. Cheers :RpS_thumbup:

edit; Just seen the other website thread :RpS_blushing:

Last edited:
I may be biassed but in this day and age you need a website... your leaving money on the table if you dont have one.

I think every one I have built for people on here has made money for them and paid for itself after the first Job

Danny

Deffo the best thing to get, Once you get it optimized to come up in google.........I'm hopeing to get a load off mine this year, Had a few small jobs off it last year straight away, and get a fair few enquires of it...

All advertising is crap really for what it costs, the best i found was leaflet drops other than website....But the last lot i done didn't get one call.....Chance you take....

Alot of people who phone me up alway ask if i have a website to....

i haven't forgot about our chat danny, im just trying to get some spare cash put aside and take a few photo's of my good work, very rare ;) lol

i was thinking of getting the back of my van sign written with the web address and mob number, im hoping it will bring some extra weekend and evening work in.

im hoping to get out to holland though soon, so it will probably be later on in the year.

Yeah that's no problem... I am stacked with work at the moment so struggling to keep up.

Just give me some notice so I can pencil you in :)

Websites are definitely worth it, even if you don't get the work direct from it. I guarantee if you go and see a job and give them a card with the website on it, they will have a look at it. I got my first job directly off my website this week and its paid for itself 5 times over already.

Yeah I can... I may need access to it though so unless you have all the passwords etc

Most things I can do without logging into a site :)

that sounds like hacking. cool. its still a work in progress though. pics etc.... done on a mac. will be sure to get back in a month or so and you can rip it to bits.

Thanks lads. I'll have to seriously consider getting myself a website then!!! What sort of prices are we looking at; obviously one to set one up & then I presume there is a running cost involved too?

Status
Not open for further replies.