Wats everyone do for sheeting wooden floors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Floorboards or finished floor? Staple through tarp if its floorboards. Gaffa tape to skirts if its finished.

The best way is not to drop oot......its called the Jace total flooring system

I use Harris Dust sheets - plastic backed .... 3 for £20 :RpS_thumbsup:.... seem to stay in place for me

How much does that stuff cost? If I was carrying that stuff all the time id want a floating floor to store it in. Ive got a bin in the corner of my van full of tarps. 2 huge ones aboyt 5x5m. 2 medium about 4x3m and about 10 2.4x1.6 and a bag full of small bits for either side of chimney breast etc

How much does that stuff cost? If I was carrying that stuff all the time id want a floating floor to store it in. Ive got a bin in the corner of my van full of tarps. 2 huge ones aboyt 5x5m. 2 medium about 4x3m and about 10 2.4x1.6 and a bag full of small bits for either side of chimney breast etc

You organised you beddy I would have thrown them in a skip a long time ago lol..
Roll and stroll you can get 100 x 600m for £30-40 I think, correx isn't dead cheap £60 odd for 10 sheets but it's decent swag takes less time to sheet a floor than roll and stroll and is a hell of a lot durable

You organised you beddy I would have thrown them in a skip a long time ago lol..
Roll and stroll you can get 100 x 600m for £30-40 I think, correx isn't dead cheap £60 odd for 10 sheets but it's decent swag takes less time to sheet a floor than roll and stroll and is a hell of a lot durable

After spending 8 years with the old boss using dust sheets that left more dust than they stopped and constantly tripping over them I vowed to sheet up properly. yes it Takes a bit Longer to sheet up and clear Up but once its Down its Down till the jobs done. Any dry lumps flick off them and can hose down if necessary

will there not be loads of waste having to cut the sheets to the shape of every room??...........Just Bi Curious................:RpS_unsure:

Guna try correx actually. Throw it down tape it up. Take two seconds . Ta spanky

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Only problem I see is that with dust sheets at least you can feed under the door so it can be closed.

Last edited:
Until you get that bloody door thats tight to the carpet. That f**k**s getting taken off! Then if its a youngish couple I say to him in front of his mrs 'do you want me to leave it off so you can plane the bottom?' 9 times out of 10 they say yes to save face in front of the mrs lol

Until you get that bloody door thats tight to the carpet. That f**k**s getting taken off! Then if its a youngish couple I say to him in front of his mrs 'do you want me to leave it off so you can plane the bottom?' 9 times out of 10 they say yes to save face in front of the mrs lol

Then that 10th bloke who's six foot four rugby mountain man, good looking glances at his misses then says to you. "Yes mate I'll do it later!" :RpS_laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.