water damaged ceilings

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterroberts

hi this is about my house, we had a plumber call out yesterday to fit a new pump to our boiler, this superb guy has then managed to flood the whole house ceilings in hallway and kitchen soaked wood floor ruined etc ( great guy didnt bother to turn water off ), we have had his boss here today who now informs me that the ceilings will be fine, his words "they will dry out" now trying not to get to irate with the guy i pointed out that the ceiling boards where still pee wet through and staining was still getting bigger, and in my opinion the whole ceilings would require replacing and skimming,(ceilings have bowed etc) he still informed me that the boards would dry out and everything would be fine, I then informed him that I was a plasterer and that i Knew the ceilings would need replacing, but he wont let me bill him for repairs etc as he has his own guy, who has called this afternoon, who again is saying that his boss is correct and they dont need anything doing, it was at this point that I started to get annoyed and proceeded to show him how bad the boards were by pushing my hand through one to let the guy see how bad it was, he then said well you done that yourself so you will have to fix it, am I going mad or is there something I am missing here, trading standards may have to have a call , any advice from anyone, never before have I come across anyone as useless as these guys

he should have insurance cover for this type of thing. i think that he is trying to flob you off as this will put the cost of his insurance up.
what is the status of the plumber is he a ltd,company or a one man band ?
if you cannot get any joy from him then make a claim on you own household insurance, as not only is it the plasterwork it is the drying out of the house and redecoration, poss. floor coverings.

its a Ltd company, they have agreed to get the rest of the bits sorted so I do feel like I am moaning, but my argument is if he hadnt fcuked up we wouldnt need any of this doing, he does have insurance or so he assures me, and i know would be easy for me to sort it out just dont see why i should have to, I even offered him material costs only just really annoyed that he is trying to fob me off about the ceiling.

cant be a one man band if hes boss has been round. just dont pay him for the pump

he should have public liability insurance ,i think it is illegal not to ,sounds to me he has not got it, keep at him peteroberts do not give up,this is the whole idea of public liability insurance ,peace of mind,this is what we pay these premiums for ,also stick claims in for carpets etc

Contact channel 5 and get Dom and Melinda round to have a look and while shes there see if she will let you hang out the back of her , i know i would like to smash her till the neighbours complained about the smell.:RpS_thumbsup:

Tell him you're contacting your insurance company and he will have to deal with them after that, he'll sh!t himself:RpS_thumbup:

p&d roberts property services not sure we the same company as above though, where about in wigan you based, and as for ceilings been on to our insurance today who are contacting him directly, lets see what he has to say now, as for not paying for the pump would be good if he actually fitted it we have no heating at all now, as when he caused the leak, all worked stopped, waiting for them to come today to sort it, thank god for electric showers

Today i come back to this forum and i want to ask something about related your topic which is that I need to replace a 4 x 8 foot water damaged sheet rock place on my ceiling....it also requires taking the ceiling fan out, and replacing...and repainting the entire 16 x 26 inch ceiling. How many hours/days would it take to do this, an approximate cost to have it done by a professional?

think he must be folding the 8x4 up

chris how long and how much have they quoted you?

Status
Not open for further replies.