user_removed

Free scaffolding

heavily discounted render

no mesh, fuk the mesh

to appease some of the Fukin time wasters in South Yorkshire,

budgie plastering

cheep Fukin cheep

:-0

I actually cringe when I give these prices, for both internals and externals.

i almost feel guilty, I whisper the prices in hope they don't hear properly.

"Scaffold, tha dunt need that lad, it's only 4 meters high"

"mesh, no no and no, iv got some old net curtains in garage, they'll do"

bastards which means b4stards

I know where you are coming Chris. I have them saying it can be done off a ladder. There is a company in Sheffield that works off ladders and a bloke on my estate who uses a tower and pva's over the old scratch coat. I used to be enthusiastic when quoting but not now. My success rate is 1 in 6 at best.

Time wasters!

Next time you price a job look in their eyes and as you're saying it think ' I'm going to take every single penny out of you're pocket I can' then go home and see if they ring back, I bet you get exactly the same quote per job amounts you've always had

They are cheeky bleeders. They expect 10+ years warranty but insist on a discount for cash and a full invoice. I see company,s come and 2 years later they have gone! When the job fails they can't trace the Co. One competitor who I have heard is now doing time changed his company name every 2 years. His last company,s trading address was a shipping container!

Don't worry lads, just my monthly moan.

im going to Asda now, I'm going to fill my trolley, get to the check out and offers them £14.00 for the lot, what do you think they will say?

Ps, a, rigsby, that shipping container is my home when you've done buddy.:RpS_lol:

what I do is google the address on street map, if its a shite area I don't bother quoting, it might be classing everyone as the same but there you go. the better the area,/house the more people will spend for a quality job ive found.

I'm actually contemplating setting up a company called

Budgie Building / so cheep, you'll be spitting feathers

have a 09 number charged at £2.50 per minute, have a message 5 minutes long asking for address to be left at the end.

Laughing :RpS_thumbup: I'm booking Barbados as we speak

I actually cringe when I give these prices, for both internals and externals.

i almost feel guilty, I whisper the prices in hope they don't hear properly.

"Scaffold, tha dunt need that lad, it's only 4 meters high"

"mesh, no no and no, iv got some old net curtains in garage, they'll do"

bastards which means b4stards
Sounds like you need a drink fella!??

what I do is google the address on street map, if its a shite area I don't bother quoting, it might be classing everyone as the same but there you go. the better the area,/house the more people will spend for a quality job ive found.

I charge everyone the same, as I'm sure you will, but I find the customers in big houses driving flash cars are the ones who don't like parting with their cash.

The better paying customers for me come from the less affluent areas of town.

I charge everyone the same, as I'm sure you will, but I find the customers in big houses driving flash cars are the ones who don't like parting with their cash.

The better paying customers for me come from the less affluent areas of town.

its not a case of charging everyone different I didn't say that, everyones the same I meant just in terms of the intial pricing. Ive found different, they might keep hold of the money longer but they prefer a quality job, and will ay for it.

For me it is an age thing. I seem to get the 50+ age group but when I was in my 20's and 30's this age group wouldn't,t entertain me. Now I find it is the 20-30 something's that won't employ me. Bearing in mind they probably have 2 kids, 2 cars, a mortgage and a dog, they shop around for the best deal but also are vulnerable.

Even in some of the nicer areas they're the same , they'll pay thousands for their nice new windows and thousands for the new blocked paved drive, but give them a price for rendering and they **** themselves and a good render will out last those pvc windows for years!

For me it is an age thing. I seem to get the 50+ age group but when I was in my 20's and 30's this age group wouldn't,t entertain me. Now I find it is the 20-30 something's that won't employ me. Bearing in mind they probably have 2 kids, 2 cars, a mortgage and a dog, they shop around for the best deal but also are vulnerable.

i don't see that on the age thing, I work for a variety of age groups mainly on internals.

i find people just want to know the magic number, no interest in how your going to tackle the job, why your doing things like this and like that internals and externals.

Status
Not open for further replies.