Wall paper backing paper help!

Members online

So ive got a job and they said all the wall paper etc would be off the walls and backing paper but they've left quite alot of backing paper, would i be able to pva it and skim with no problem in the future or does it all need to be off? or has any one got a suggestion to save me time? cant go back as i got quite abit of work lined up for the next few weeks.

Thanks in advance :D

I think ull find you said would i be able to pva it and skim with no problem in the future or does it all need to be off?
To me that's asking if you can skim over wallpaper, you learn things like that when your starting out not 6 years in,

I think ull find you said would i be able to pva it and skim with no problem in the future or does it all need to be off?
To me that's asking if you can skim over wallpaper, you learn things like that when your starting out not 6 years in,
Think you find read the title of the post

Now now
Let's not have the handbags out again!

Admittedly it did read like it was asking if you could skim over backing paper.

But let it slide for now.

At least the guys asking questions and not just going all bob the builder at it!

I've seen blokes 20 years in and think WTF are you doing sometimes.

As you can probably tell my good mood from this morning has spread to all day for a change finished at 12 for a change

All I was wondering was is there a quicker fix than peeling it all off that is all I didn't know if I could pva it blue grit it or it all had to come off sorry for asking... and there will be more stupid questions to follow trust me going on my own my old boss used to prep everything I just Walked in and laid on sorry to everyone who thinks this is a stupid thread ✋

No worries mate. The thing is is how well the paper will be stuck to the wall and when wet skim goes on it it will bubble and lift off. Organisation and preparation is massive in this game.

No worries mate. The thing is is how well the paper will be stuck to the wall and when wet skim goes on it it will bubble and lift off. Organisation and preparation is massive in this game.
I know mate was hoping for an easy fix as I got work booked everyday for next 2 weeks and couldn't afford to miss out this job that's all it was

I know mate was hoping for an easy fix as I got work booked everyday for next 2 weeks and couldn't afford to miss out this job that's all it was
The best solution to this scenario would be to talk to the customer honestly.

Lay it out politely that you were of the understanding that all paper would be off and that you booked the work accordingly.
So this setback will cost you a days labour if you cancel other jobs.
Mention as you being fairly new without working for somebody and you can't afford to let anybody down etc
Unless you get an absolute bell end the majority of the time they'll understand

The best solution to this scenario would be to talk to the customer honestly.

Lay it out politely that you were of the understanding that all paper would be off and that you booked the work accordingly.
So this setback will cost you a days labour if you cancel other jobs.
Mention as you being fairly new without working for somebody and you can't afford to let anybody down etc
Unless you get an absolute bell end the majority of the time they'll understand
That's true mate I just felt bad letting them down as they was an old couple and had everything being delivered Sunday afternoon next time I'll go down that route thanks for the advice though mate appreciate it!

That's true mate I just felt bad letting them down as they was an old couple and had everything being delivered Sunday afternoon next time I'll go down that route thanks for the advice though mate appreciate it!
even though you know it is the best thing to do sometimes you need to hear it from somebody else as well.

He'll sometimes even I don't do it
But after a while you get to know who the genuine folk that tried and the ones that couldn't be arsed are.
I've had couples in there 70s literally strip a room bare ready
Then I've had other older folk who don't give a flying fook because they think you should be great full they've hired you and giving you their money

even though you know it is the best thing to do sometimes you need to hear it from somebody else as well.

He'll sometimes even I don't do it
But after a while you get to know who the genuine folk that tried and the ones that couldn't be arsed are.
I've had couples in there 70s literally strip a room bare ready
Then I've had other older folk who don't give a flying fook because they think you should be great full they've hired you and giving you their money
I'll keep it in mind I've met a few people who are pure asshole and a few pure genuine people but thanks for the advice mate I'll take it in and hopefully use it to beifit me