Wall paper backing paper help!

Members online

eox

So ive got a job and they said all the wall paper etc would be off the walls and backing paper but they've left quite alot of backing paper, would i be able to pva it and skim with no problem in the future or does it all need to be off? or has any one got a suggestion to save me time? cant go back as i got quite abit of work lined up for the next few weeks.

Thanks in advance :D

So no matter what i do i wont be able to skim over it? unless taken off and i know but i've put off work for this job and i cant even get outside as weather isnt too good and im flat out for the next 2-3 weeks

All you have to do is telling them will cost them another 30% on top and hey presto, nothing left n the wall next day;)

This happens all the time on domestic jobs, the skim just bubbles if you try and go over it.

Spray gun with water leave to soak for 5 mins be off in no time. Bill them for the hassle. Very surprised a plasterer has to ask if he can skim over wallpaper
Well tbh mate i've only been on my own a short while and haven't come across it just thought there would have been an easy way to sort it rather than putting in that extra work I didn't price for...

So ive got a job and they said all the wall paper etc would be off the walls and backing paper but they've left quite alot of backing paper, would i be able to pva it and skim with no problem in the future or does it all need to be off? or has any one got a suggestion to save me time? cant go back as i got quite abit of work lined up for the next few weeks.

Score the wall lightly or use a hedgehog (wall scarifier on little wheels) then soak the wall with hot water with a good glug of vinegar, it breaks down the adhesive, should come off in no time

Dab 15 MM sound board over it boom and the jobs done

poster3789450.jpg

You skimmed it didn't you;)

In ur other thread you say you been plastering for 6 years? You cant honestly be asking if you can skim over wallpaper

In ur other thread you say you been plastering for 6 years? You cant honestly be asking if you can skim over wallpaper
1. Didnt ask if i could skim over wallpaper
2. I asked if there was an easier way to go over backing paper with out having to peel it as there was only little bit here and there, seeing as everyone on here are experts thought someone would have an easier idea.
Think this lad is on a wind up even his starting out on his own thread began like a wind up
Think what you want, i've never had to do anything like this in my life im young still learning and never even thought about going on my own until my old boss liquidized and im left stumped but thanks for your input!

Fair play pal. I suppose I read a bit to much into it as there is many a wind up on here. Hope you make a good go of it and it work ls out for you. Yes you in the right place for advice a lot of good lads on here. Good luck

Fair play pal. I suppose I read a bit to much into it as there is many a wind up on here. Hope you make a good go of it and it work ls out for you. Yes you in the right place for advice a lot of good lads on here. Good luck
No worrys mate if there was other options I'd go down them avenues but there isn't.. its either go on my own and give it a go if I fail I fail but I'll know I've tried my hardest or go Re train which is 3 years of me not supporting my little family and running my house/car/ other bills that's why I'm on here to keep learning and hope people are here to help me when I'm stuck like the backing paper situation you all been doing it 10-20+ years and may have tricks of the trade that I've not picked up yet...