Walked off job !!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my experience it don't leak there , it leaks where the valve meets the copper pipe , then you've got agg, no matter how much u tighten up, I've known the valve to be only just on the pipe and the whole thing come off

when i am quoting for the work i have a look at the valve and the nuts, if they are covered in paint i give to work to our local jobbing plumber, if they look nice and new with no paint then i do them myself.

yeah i dont do stuff like that anymore. committing like a plastering hari kiri lately. i cant be arsed doing the plastering never mind the extras. its just like a driftwood of a trade and im just hanging on

yeah i dont do stuff like that anymore. committing like a plastering hari kiri lately. i cant be arsed doing the plastering never mind the extras. its just like a driftwood of a trade and im just hanging on

the problem is finding something that will give you the same pay for the hours that you work.

A bloke said to me "you can get behind the rad can't ya"?
I pointed out that I couldn't as the wallpaper was all bunched up after he'd had the stripper on it ... and that he'd have to remove it.
Needless to say when I got there he'd taken off the rad, but not the woodchip behind it. But had left me a note telling me not to lose the screw holes.

That was last month, but could have been last year or last century as it happens all the time.

I've skimmed behind rads in the past, Fcuking hate it :mad:
but I found a 20"trowel was ideal for the job, unless the rads a few inches under a window cill of course :sisi:

Got to me job this morning and the radiator was still on the wall.Customer said can you just take it off,skim it and pop it back as you are working.Was back in the van within 2 minutes on me way home.I try not to walk off jobs,it's that feeling when u driving back that I don't like,the same as leaving a football match and your team been thrashed.Got to say though it felt flipping GREAT to have the day off.
Sounds about right :LOL:....don't forget if your going to take the rad off be prepared to strip the paper of the wall behind it:(

if it was an elderly couple or someone disabled would you have taken it off..is it that you feel you have no confidence in taking the rad off or did you want extra money for it......i always bear in mind some people are good with there hands and some people are good with pens and computers

if it was an elderly couple or someone disabled would you have taken it off..is it that you feel you have no confidence in taking the rad off or did you want extra money for it......i always bear in mind some people are good with there hands and some people are good with pens and computers
Elderly, disabled or just not capable I would still want paying extra as its still extra work not in the quote.

whats the world coming to ----------------- a little charity /good will goes a long way --- what goes around , comes around :inocente::inocente:

how about the season of good will :inocente::inocente:
are you a tory by any chance :inocente:
if youre happy to do extra work for free fair play to you but sounds like a fast track to the poorhouse to me....especially when they ringing you up cos the valve leaks or something, then you get to fix your free work also for free....old valves are a begger at times. If they were elderly, disabled it would be worked into the initial qoute.

if youre happy to do extra work for free fair play to you but sounds like a fast track to the poorhouse to me....especially when they ringing you up cos the valve leaks or something, then you get to fix your free work also for free....old valves are a begger at times. If they were elderly, disabled it would be worked into the initial qoute.

just teasing you---------- don't take it to serious ----------- because i've saved my pennies over the years i can afford to do every other job for free - :inocente::lol: and go to heaven when the times right

just teasing you---------- don't take it to serious ----------- because i've saved my pennies over the years i can afford to do every other job for free - :inocente::lol: and go to heaven when the times right
Could you come and plaster my house, I only stripped half the walls though, my hands hurt to much from wanking and playing video games to finish it off.....you'll defo go to heavan if you help me out.:numberone:

Could you come and plaster my house, I only stripped half the walls though, my hands hurt to much from wanking and playing video games to finish it off.....you'll defo go to heavan if you help me out.:numberone:

are we talking about the same heaven here :inocente: -------- are you hitting on me, oli wont be to pleased :lol:

are we talking about the same heaven here :inocente: -------- are you hitting on me, oli wont be to pleased :lol:
Lol....didnt come out quite right.....just a hand with wallpaper nothing fruity.

Status
Not open for further replies.