Waking up stiff

lurpak

Artex Boy
Yeah, that too.

Anyone else trowel hand stiff in morning? Mainly 2 fingers need a good click , arthritis here I come

Never had issues before tbh, and it isn't really a problem and clears up in a few minutes.. but do notice it when been smashing out the plastering

Sometimes you can grip stuff too hard, harder than you need to anyway, which leads to a build up of tension without really noticing it. You have to be very conscious of your grip and then back off a tad.

Yeah that's true, should probably be careful with me trowel too

Sometimes you can grip stuff too hard, harder than you need to anyway, which leads to a build up of tension without really noticing it. You have to be very conscious of your grip and then back off a tad.
Agree i put it down to doing three gages a day. Judge your day on two a day you.ll last a lot longee3

Sounds like trigger finger. Does it happen in the evening as well if you’ve been sat with your hands relaxed? Also if you put pressure at the base of your finger/top of your palm and wiggle your finger and you can feel a sort of click that’s trigger finger. I have it in middle finger, ring finger and little finger of my trowel hand. Doesn’t really bother me

Sounds like trigger finger. Does it happen in the evening as well if you’ve been sat with your hands relaxed? Also if you put pressure at the base of your finger/top of your palm and wiggle your finger and you can feel a sort of click that’s trigger finger. I have it in middle finger, ring finger and little finger of my trowel hand. Doesn’t really bother me

No only in morning when first wake up,, and more so after heavy plastering x

No only in morning when first wake up,, and more so after heavy plastering x
Hmmm, does sound like it, @John j sounds like it too. Docs could tell you. My index finger top joint is swollen at the mo too and really painful.

Attachments

• E5B1A26B-3503-4368-BAF7-F9C98A40E57B.jpeg
    E5B1A26B-3503-4368-BAF7-F9C98A40E57B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 457
Is that your actual hand Larry? You swashbuckling pirate!

Yes it is, and over the years it's been most useful.

For example, I put on rigger gloves and held a steel post whilst an apprentice hit it with a sledgehammer. I let him get a few smacks in, then as he was on the down swing I turned my hand so that the empty glove finger flicked onto the post. The blow cut the finger off the glove and I roared and danced about.

He took one look at the finger on the floor and fainted. :ROFLMAO:

Yes it is, and over the years it's been most useful.

For example, I put on rigger gloves and held a steel post whilst an apprentice hit it with a sledgehammer. I let him get a few smacks in, then as he was on the down swing I turned my hand so that the empty glove finger flicked onto the post. The blow cut the finger off the glove and I roared and danced about.

He took one look at the finger on the floor and fainted. :ROFLMAO:
Ha! You evil f**k*r!

Ha! You evil f**k*r!

The one time I felt bad about was at a mates barbecue, drink was involved. His daughter was about 3 at the time, and they had a little scottie dog. I got one of the left over cremated sausages and selotaped it on where my finger should be and sat on a deck chair with my hand hanging over the arm. The dog was sniffing about as they do, did a double take when it got to my hand, and then started chomping away at the sausage.

My mate's daughter spotted it, thought the dog was eating me and freaked. His wife went nuts because the daughter wouldn't go near the dog for ages after, banned me from the house because she said I was a t**t (fair one tbh) and Alan wasn't happy because he was getting it in the neck. :(

Everyone else who was there or heard about it after thought it was funny, but that just made things worse. It was funny though. :D

May I ask how you lost your finger @imago ? :rebotando:

4rse end of nowhere down some 'B' road near Stoke Golding I got a puncture in the van. The scissor jack collapsed just as I'd remove the flat and my finger got crushed under the brake drum. As I was on the passenger side in a lay-by even if someone had passed they wouldn't have seen me.

So it was out with the Leatherman, cut through the stringy bits and mushy stuff to free my hand, wrapped it up in a manky cloth and walked to a village to ring a taxi (pre mobile phones).

The one time I felt bad about was at a mates barbecue, drink was involved. His daughter was about 3 at the time, and they had a little scottie dog. I got one of the left over cremated sausages and selotaped it on where my finger should be and sat on a deck chair with my hand hanging over the arm. The dog was sniffing about as they do, did a double take when it got to my hand, and then started chomping away at the sausage.

My mate's daughter spotted it, thought the dog was eating me and freaked. His wife went nuts because the daughter wouldn't go near the dog for ages after, banned me from the house because she said I was a t**t (fair one tbh) and Alan wasn't happy because he was getting it in the neck. :(

Everyone else who was there or heard about it after thought it was funny, but that just made things worse. It was funny though. :D

4rse end of nowhere down some 'B' road near Stoke Golding I got a puncture in the van. The scissor jack collapsed just as I'd remove the flat and my finger got crushed under the brake drum. As I was on the passenger side in a lay-by even if someone had passed they wouldn't have seen me.

So it was out with the Leatherman, cut through the stringy bits and mushy stuff to free my hand, wrapped it up in a manky cloth and walked to a village to ring a taxi (pre mobile phones).
You animal!

Aaaarrrgh! Nasty! They should’ve made a film about that rather the bloke with his arm stuck in the canyon!

Funny re the dog though so guess it’s give and take really!