vitcus plaster

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
no, but ill keep that link for future ref....
did you try and skim with it or did you use it like one coat? i.e. rule it, sponge it and trowel the fat up?

Chris W said:
no, but ill keep that link for future ref....
did you try and skim with it or did you use it like one coat? i.e. rule it, sponge it and trowel the fat up?
i skimed 2 coats on but its hard to explain what its like,but ended up sponging it up,i think it relies on suction and i pva ed it that's where i went wrong lol

does say to pva though doesnt it....
im guessing they dont know too much about plastering but know pretty much everything about heat resistant material...
6mm coat... gotta be like one coat im guessing...
and then theres the heatproof 'screed' (or render, whatever) up to 25mm, doesnt say how many coats...
application advice looks a bit dubious...
40 quid a metre too... :eek:
still, if it works.... question does get asked frequently on here....

i did a post on this november 27 with pics,nightmare stuff,used it a couple of times now and hopefully never again.

yh i have used it and if u read the instructions rite den it wudnt be such a nightmare
ALL U HAVE 2 DO IS READ THE INSTRUCTIONS PROPERLY!!! plus its not a typical plaster its a heat resistant product and it doesnt need that much water. the maximum thickness should be 6mm and the heatproof screed should be left 2 dry for at least 3 days before use
you'll find all the info you need here about heat resistant plaster
if u need more info on how to use vitcas plaster then contact vitcas :)

Status
Not open for further replies.