very un even wall and a 5 day course is it worth it

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
i done a five day course a couple of years ago and it worked for me mate...
have a go at it on one wall if you balls it up well lesson learned..
float it up and use an with a aluminium straight edge i use an 1800mm one and take your time then skim as normal not forgetting to give the walls a good couple of coats of pva first..
if your a confident tradesman any way you should be fine

i bought 3 feather edges,, cost me a fortune, dont even use em,, i just use 1200mm wickes spirt level,, that way u can rule off and make the wall plumb at same time.. pahaha

i bought 3 feather edges,, cost me a fortune, dont even use em,, i just use 1200mm wickes spirt level,, that way u can rule off and make the wall plumb at same time.. pahaha

s**t ive been do it wrong all these years

Cement falling off wall, any advice?

I've just finished roughcasting my garage wall, starting at top and working to the bottom with rendering the 2nd coat, by the time i came back to throw the stones on, the cement at the bottom was sliding off, almost like the water in the cement mix was travelling down the wall to the bottom, real pain...any advice or help with this, is there a reason why it's doing this..made the mix as thick as i could, not so heavy that it couldn't be applied to the wall?

well i had my first go today on a wall in my bathroom it is 3.5mx2.4m and from start to finish it took me 4 hours for 2 coats and to be honest i am a bit messy on the floor
but it has come out sopt on
i am really happy with the out come
thanks for the advice guys

Hi all

Plastering is not a mysterious skill learned by the coveted few. It is a six stage process which can be learned easily . It jost takes time to get quicker.

So called plastering experts would have the layman or a Diyer believe that it is a skill that can not be learned on a short course.

How did they learn ???

Hi all

Plastering is not a mysterious skill learned by the coveted few. It is a six stage process which can be learned easily . It jost takes time to get quicker.

So called plastering experts would have the layman or a Diyer believe that it is a skill that can not be learned on a short course.

How did they learn ???

next please........................

Hi all

How did they learn ???

I just read loads of books.

Hi all

How did they learn ???
I learnt just by buttering me toast in the mornings . two coats as well.:RpS_laugh:

Hi all

How did they learn ???

Over a very long period of time you ******* re***d

Hi all

How did they learn ???

I'd love for you to tell me what the six easy stages are.:RpS_lol:

i saw someone on you tube spouting about plastering in 6 stages,thats where this person obviously got their info.couldnt tell you the clip though,just switched too something else when i heard that.

Hi all

How did they learn ???
......................err,,,,,,,,,,,six stages ,it took me four years working for fella to learn three, stage one [hardest]get something to plaster,..stage two plaster it , stage three get paid, .....six stages tw......at

Status
Not open for further replies.