Versapanel cement Board

SmoothCriminal

Has anyone used this board on external roughcasting? Customers used it but not heard of it. Use enewall products usually but there not sure. Anyone went over it before?

No there not an by that they can’t warrant it but you could still possibly use there product. They just haven’t tested that pacific board. So basically I can prob use it but I won’t be covered if it fails. Pain in the arse.

That product is an MGO based board... not allowed on new build insurance covered projects anymore!!

let me know if you want some assistance with Knauf Aquapanel Outdoor and an alternative

also, get a spec for roughcast onto a board - not all roughcast products are suitable, receiver sometimes too heavy and brittle

good luck

Richard Lord
Knauf
Rlord@knauf.co.uk
07918 766577

That product is an MGO based board... not allowed on new build insurance covered projects anymore!!

let me know if you want some assistance with Knauf Aquapanel Outdoor and an alternative

also, get a spec for roughcast onto a board - not all roughcast products are suitable, receiver sometimes too heavy and brittle

good luck

Richard Lord
Knauf
Rlord@knauf.co.uk
07918 766577
It’s already been put on the building bud. What does mgo mean ? Why isn’t these boards allowed anymore? Enewall have products that are designed to cover these types of boards but just haven’t tested this one.

MGO - Magnesium Oxide

new build insurance suppliers have had multiple issues, and these types of boards are a common denominator. So they have been banned, subject to further testing and assessments

many render system suppliers have also been involved and have removed such products from approved lists...

Is this a completely new build project? Covered by new build insurance?

Ah right ok. No the house has been extended. I’ve explained this to the customer but he’s leaving it up to me. I just don’t want this failing an coming back to me in the long run.

Ah right ok. No the house has been extended. I’ve explained this to the customer but he’s leaving it up to me. I just don’t want this failing an coming back to me in the long run.
Just tell the builder that you can't find any render manufacturers who will give a warranty and that it's up to him to decide what to use and that you won't be responsible for any issues.