Venition /polished plastering

Members online

Jerseyboy

hello all
Am thinking of going on a polished Plastering cource and was wondering who has been on one and how many of you do this sort of work.
Thanks

I've been on 3 different courses over last 10 years and enjoyed them. If you've used lime in the past it will help on the marmorino finishes.
Fascinating stuff and harder than it looks but at the same time open to your imagination for different finishes.

I've been on 3 different courses over last 10 years and enjoyed them. If you've used lime in the past it will help on the marmorino finishes.
Fascinating stuff and harder than it looks but at the same time open to your imagination for different finishes.
Yes I've seen a couple of nice jobs and think it would be a good number to get into

Which cource would you recommend?

Yes I've seen a couple of nice jobs and think it would be a good number to get into

I found that you needed to commit to it and not just dabble which is what I was doing. I got in with an architect and interior designer but I would need to travel, I couldn't seem to get people interested round here but I wasnt committed enough either.

Last edited:
Which cource would you recommend?

The best one was run by Nicky Rogers from west sussex and the materials were by Safra in Italy. She had been doing it for around 9 years at the time and her set up was great. Safra went bust but not sure if she still does it.
The polished pastering company in kieth ley with Phil and cain had good reviews and there plasters I liked to use but didn't go on the course.
The first one I did was with Spanish fella Juan from Wigan. The other was John in Manchester who Rob jack knows.

I think @RobJack runs the Gold trowel one in Manchester. He's a sound lad met him a few times. I'm keen to give it a go but I'd be more keen to do micro cement instead but believe it's quite a similar process??

Studied in Italy veneto region best place to learn and be in contact with suppliers .
Depends if you want to make holiday of it as well and how serious you are of going into it.
As others have said and certainly when you do work with these products in Italy they do not see it as another feather in your cap.
Commitment and forget the rest you do or accept your jobs will be sporadic at best .
I've done diff jobs some large 100m2 to small feature walls but maybe 2-3 year some years I've done nothing with it.
So worth baring in mind.

The best one was run by Nicky Rogers from west sussex and the materials were by Safra in Italy. She had been doing it for around 9 years at the time and her set up was great. Safra went bust but not sure if she still does it.
The polished pastering company in kieth ley with Phil and cain had good reviews and there plasters I liked to use but didn't go on the course.
The first one I did was with Spanish fella Juan from Wigan. The other was John in Manchester who Rob jack knows.
Ok mate thanks for that

I think @RobJack runs the Gold trowel one in Manchester. He's a sound lad met him a few times. I'm keen to give it a go but I'd be more keen to do micro cement instead but believe it's quite a similar process??
Have you seen the micro cement being done?
And what courses are available do you know

Studied in Italy veneto region best place to learn and be in contact with suppliers .
Depends if you want to make holiday of it as well and how serious you are of going into it.
As others have said and certainly when you do work with these products in Italy they do not see it as another feather in your cap.
Commitment and forget the rest you do or accept your jobs will be sporadic at best .
I've done diff jobs some large 100m2 to small feature walls but maybe 2-3 year some years I've done nothing with it.
So worth baring in mind.
When you started doing it did you try pushing the product or was it word of mouth?
I know what you are saying that I might hardly do any jobs plus it will cost me £1200-1400 to do the cource

Had /have website needs updating etc but am in southern Spain so bit diff here and more suited as well.
But yes was told to forget everything else and focus on the product.
Recession and just day to day bills always keep you in line , I recall 10 yrs or so ago people spouting big money etc etc and seen loads of it and acrylic based shoite in bars /restaurants and new builds .
But 95% of it badly done or unrecognizable as what it actually was from inexperience and poor product.
Everyone always looking for easy bucks that's why courses on just about anything are popping up all over the place.
It's time consuming to create beautiful walls from a love of the product and knowledge of it same as any other skill.
If your artistic and have drive and passion despite any cash incentive then of course you will create unique finishes as no wall is ever the same.
But as with all the other things week ,2 weeks, month etc is not going to make you michael Angelo , but if you have that flair then you can get few jobs out of it or do as every applicator /supplier will tell you .
Drop all your other tools and become an applicator.
Met bloke few months back who worked for armor coat or some such name did high end shops /hotels etc all over the world as part of a team.
Did well and now doing other things but yeah specialize or accept you will make only what you put into it and may well be few and far between.
Sorry can't be more help or honest than that. But good luck whatever you decide.

you need to go to gold trowel... Andy and @RobJack are great teachers and its a great skill... I did it a couple of years ago now and i really like it...

Not used it in real life yet but that is because I am rubbish and spent more time messing about with a camera rather than listen :D

Hi guys, I'm not running anything on Manchester at the minute but looking at something to open this year. Had a bit of time away from venetian due to a problem with a business partner. Yes James I know John Boyle. He used to be a good friend. If you desperate to learn then I would suggest going to goldtrowel in Essex and getting taught from Andy, a lot of people that don't know him have a negative view towards him and his company but once you have met him you will realise it's nonsense. He knows his stuff and has the experience and backing to teach you well. There is accommodation reasonably priced nearby to stay over for a 5 or 10 day course. They only use the best full lime products there and nothing acyclic or synthetic. Lime quality makes a difference in plasters. I still apply plaster on jobs so here's a quick pic of one finished 2 weeks ago with my oppo chris

Attachments

• IMG-20170310-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20170310-WA0009.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 258
Hi guys, I'm not running anything on Manchester at the minute but looking at something to open this year. Had a bit of time away from venetian due to a problem with a business partner. Yes James I know John Boyle. He used to be a good friend. If you desperate to learn then I would suggest going to goldtrowel in Essex and getting taught from Andy, a lot of people that don't know him have a negative view towards him and his company but once you have met him you will realise it's nonsense. He knows his stuff and has the experience and backing to teach you well. There is accommodation reasonably priced nearby to stay over for a 5 or 10 day course. They only use the best full lime products there and nothing acyclic or synthetic. Lime quality makes a difference in plasters. I still apply plaster on jobs so here's a quick pic of one finished 2 weeks ago with my oppo chris
What gear is that?

What gear is that?
Looks like grasello lucido finest grade of marble dust within polishes to glass mirror like finish.
Diff suppliers /schools /applicators will provide diff names to sell their products.
Lime based with diff grades of marble dust .
Beautiful stuff to work with when understood and learnt
But as with all these things always learning.

Iv looked into this in the past ,not got round to it yet but have been collecting materials to have a play at home, good luck with whatever you decide it would be a good thing to add to your cv!