Vaulted ceiling, loft conversion

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
why didnt you just get the joiner to do his bit right? and if they are wanting you to push on then just push on and fooook them. id have stuck some of the beads one when doing that

The reveals were out m8, even though I left the reveals proud then cut back once i'd boarded the rake. I tend to staple my beads before I start find I get a better finish that way. I'll stick corner beads on as I go.

Instead of marking the lines probably better to use a 360 vertical/horizontal laser.

Aaron you won't get them perfect it's impossible there are ways but would cost a lot of money you could check the ceiling line and bond it out if it's bad and charge a bit more but it still won't be spot on I'd curve it

Id agree with that Spunk, if things are that bad, a curve will hide all manner of wavy lines. However I have had customers who will insist on straight and pay what ever to get it .

Id agree with that Spunk, if things are that bad, a curve will hide all manner of wavy lines. However I have had customers who will insist on straight and pay what ever to get it .
charge a fortune and get someone in who can do it :RpS_wink:

crate of red bull in the morning and curve everything.............. touch:RpS_sneaky:

living the dream mate haha, ive been no where mate just working and not getting in till late so cuddnt be arsed to use the computer

all over really mate ive got one started in london got one started in epping im on one in ware at the mo and ive got one started in hodd, all of them are waiting for electrics ive had to pull off cos i caught the sparks up on all of them but hopefully the ware one the sparks is finishing it tomorow so i can get bk in there monday, honestly at the mo i think all sparks have met up and agreed to be on a go slow haha

all over really mate ive got one started in london got one started in epping im on one in ware at the mo and ive got one started in hodd, all of them are waiting for electrics ive had to pull off cos i caught the sparks up on all of them but hopefully the ware one the sparks is finishing it tomorow so i can get bk in there monday, honestly at the mo i think all sparks have met up and agreed to be on a go slow haha

I was sat at home Wednesday and Thursday because of ******* electricians.:RpS_cursing:

Stannah stair lift break again?

Even I'm not thick enough to have a stairlift fitted in a bungalow.
Loads of the leccys have been flat out fitting solar systems before the grant changes came in, so our needs have been ignored as usual.

Firstly, make sure there are no hollow points in the ashlar wall by offering a straight edge to it, surveying and dubbing out as required( if needed).Then draw a level line on the ashlar wall below the skeeling( say 10mm or so). Bond or dub out any hollow points on the skeeling to creat a line that is parallel with your guide line rulling through as needed. Once this is hard,skim as usual keeping the skim close to parallel as possible with your guide line.

Before skimming the ashlar wall, ping a chalk line guide on the newly set skeeling( say 6mm up end to end) and use this as a guide to skim up to keeping the skim parallel with the guide line.

Works for me, others may have a different approach.If money no object , then trowel , float, trowel 3 coat skimming, using the float coat to run in a nice straight line.
i totally agree with you and I am in the final stage of loft conversion. I need suggestion for decorating and painting on wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.