Vans in Manchester

Got that t shirt. Nice saving the monthly payment. Not nice living with an ageing van. Pays ya money and takes ya choice.

I choose Sportvan :numberone:
Why on earth would any one buy a sport van they are all slow save your money buy a old van and a nice car like a RS6
Sport vans are for tossers!

Why on earth would any one buy a sport van they are all slow save your money buy a old van and a nice car like a RS6
Sport vans are for tossers!
Nice one baw bag. I’ve got a very nice motor as well. I like the best of both worlds. I’ve a mate that has an RS6. Mega t**t

considering the ammount of work it will do over the years owls, in comfort as well , its a very good buy, definately something i would have gone for, when loaded up any idea approx how many bags plaster or boards it can carry, by the time you get the inside lined out shelves etc be a good one,
do you have sign writing on your vans
No sign writing, no racking. I see it as the main tool of my trade and I spend half my life in it. Plus if you plan it wisely there a good tax loss.

Saw some toss pot trying to put some 6x3 plaster boards in his spanking Ford ranger the other day they wouldn’t fit was hilarious
The worse is these m sport vans just screams mid life crisis how does any one think that looks nice need there head testing

I've had some great and expensive cars over the years but I'm equally as happy driving a new van about.

Saw some toss pot trying to put some 6x3 plaster boards in his spanking Ford ranger the other day they wouldn’t fit was hilarious
The worse is these m sport vans just screams mid life crisis how does any one think that looks nice need there head testing
The m sport is OTT

No sign writing, no racking. I see it as the main tool of my trade and I spend half my life in it. Plus if you plan it wisely there a good tax loss.
A van is barely a tax loss it decreases in value the day you drive it off the forecourt and if your not vat registered your on to a double loser

A van is barely a tax loss it decreases in value the day you drive it off the forecourt and if your not vat registered your on to a double loser
Exactly it's a depreciating asset,i.e. You get right down on it, so it's offset against your tax liability at the end of the year, but yes if your not vat it's tough to swallow.

Exactly it's a depreciating asset,i.e. You get right down on it, so it's offset against your tax liability at the end of the year,

but yes if your not vat it's tough to swallow.
bottom line is you need to have a decent size buisness going, employing somebody, and plenty of work coming in, and turnover, to justify getting one, and yes be vat registered,

bottom line is you need to have a decent size buisness going, employing somebody, and plenty of work coming in, and turnover, to justify getting one, and yes be vat registered,
It makes no odds how many people you employ if you are LTD and you turn 100k your liable to 20 k tax if you buy a van for 30k your still liable to pay tax on 70 k which would be 14 k so it’s not really tax efficient at all.
The only way to do it is lease that’s 100% deductible but would never fancy that being a plasterer think it would get battered they charged my mate £1500 for a scratch on his wing mirror on his vw when he took it back in!

The advantage of a lease deal with a van is you do allow the cost when you are pricing work.
Materials cost, labour cost and van cost.
When you got an old van, you tend to forget overheads for repairs.

That’s a fair point.

Wouldn't get you a coal shed round my neck of the woods.
Are they increasing in value though i.e. Were they 70 grand a few years ago ?
Yeah, I skimmed one out about 5 years ago and the builder I was working for bought it for £36,000. It’s worth £90k now. Madness.

I’m I right in saying if you buy a van for any amount it doesn’t all come off your tax in one go it comes off over a period of time?

Also if you were to buy a van from a loan would you put the loan payments through until it’s paid off?

It makes no odds how many people you employ if you are LTD and you turn 100k your liable to 20 k tax if you buy a van for 30k your still liable to pay tax on 70 k which would be 14 k so it’s not really tax efficient at all.
The only way to do it is lease that’s 100% deductible but would never fancy that being a plasterer think it would get battered they charged my mate £1500 for a scratch on his wing mirror on his vw when he took it back in!
Your mistaken,
You can claim a van purchase directly against your income tax bill, and can carry it over a number of years if required. Turnover and everything else is nothing to do with it.or if your limited its offset against your profits, i buy vans every few years, and a new ritmo. I used to lease, never again it didn't work for me.

Yeah, I skimmed one out about 5 years ago and the builder I was working for bought it for £36,000. It’s worth £90k now. Madness.
I've 2 rentals more as a pension than earning a quick buck, one was accidental as it's the first house I bought as a residential then converted it to a buy to let when I moved probably doubled in value since the early 2000s,my other one I bought in 2012 it's gone up maybe 70%. I don't understand crypto currencies etc if that's your game fine, but I understand bricks and mortar.

I’m I right in saying if you buy a van for any amount it doesn’t all come off your tax in one go it comes off over a period of time?
Have an informal chat with your accountant would be my advice before you buy anything. they'll tell you the most effircent tax way of doing it based on your circumstances, rather than lads on the internet.

Your mistaken,
You can claim a van purchase directly against your income tax bill, and can carry it over a number of years if required. Turnover and everything else is nothing to do with it.or if your limited its offset against your profits, i buy vans every few years, and a new ritmo. I used to lease, never again it didn't work for me.
No your mistaken
So if I turn 100k and put my 30k van on say 3 years payment paying 10k a year I would then pay 18k a year every year in tax you clearly don’t have a clue if your LTD you pay 20% tax on your working profit it makes no odds.

0286BEB3-8135-424C-A0C1-C220D78553E5.gif

E192128A-66CD-4BDF-905A-CBD6AE1EDA63.gif