Van??????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

viking0667

Hi all just a quick one for ya expertise?

what sort of van should i be looking for i.e. size, reliability.

many thanks

Rob

Depends if you are loadin up with boards or gettin em delivered, for size . most transit size vans are fine for boards . If you have plenty of work ,i would rent a van and get a new one every three years ,as most of em start to rust after that , i have a ford transit ,52000 mlies on a 51 plate n its a rust bucket !. If i had the dough i would get a vw transporter , reliable , rot free, but expensive , they hold their dough.

plus from next year if you go to work in london anything older than a 52 plate you get charged £250 a day for it

Jesus! well maybe i should be looking for something newer than that then why the hi amount surely they make enough money on congestion charges

Spunk, the actual charge for vans up to 3.5 tonnes laden is £ 100. per day,unless your van emmisions Euro IV rated.

This link makes for good reading if you are work in London often.http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/roadusers/lez/LEZ/lez-leaflet-jan-2012.pdf

Otherwise buy a pre 1973 van and you will be exempt.

images

It's blackmail a lot of people are struggling and can't afford an 03 van

i agree spunky for people starting out and for labourers that have there own van have no chance of getting to work. that is just daylight robbery. I'm sure that other citys suffer from emissions but i dont see them banging charges out like that. (i'm just guessing)

My old Mazda truck is a 2000 plate and not used for work but I got a personal letter from the mayor telling me to stay the **** away after 1st Jan next year.

not that bothered mate the traffic will still be shite it will still take twice as long as getting there when going home

its anywhere within the M25, if your unsure the DVLA have on the web-site a section where you can enter your Reg and it will tell you if you can drive within the M25.
Its lucky that down South we have so much money and work that we can offered to change our motors every time it needs diesel. O fecking la de da

That's another one to add to the list of reasons not to visit London.

Regards the van, this forum has a search function, and this topic has been discussed about a million and twelve times so far.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.