Van Storage Solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here you go Arti how about a pimp mobile :RpS_thumbsup:

Check the lights about 6:55ish :RpS_cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Shame he cant read the mileage correctly......(2.49.).........28 thousand......................:RpS_confused:

Class van,turned up on a job today to fit a kitchen said to the bloke I need to empty my van to find my finer tools sutiable for doing his kitchen he said ile give you a hand when I opened the back of the van he said my you have a lot of tools what he really meant is what kind of a **** do I have here lol

Have you got any rust on that sparkly White van of yours yet Andy?
Didn't spot any last time I seen it :RpS_cool:
Mines more rust coloured than White now :RpS_unsure:

Yeah mate got a bit coming through now it spent its first couple of years in Grimsby so I suppose the salt air go to it got a few dents in it as well.

Yeah mate got a bit coming through now it spent its first couple of years in Grimsby so I suppose the salt air go to it got a few dents in it as well.

That'll be them Lithuanian stowaways in the back, fighting with Yuslis to see who gets to work with you for the day :RpS_laugh:

That or all that gear you're carrying around 're-arranging' itself :RpS_thumbup:

None of them actually 3 occured working on different jobs for the same builder mate of mine, one my neighbour did and I smashed the rear light in a pub car park, none of them my fault except the car park one:RpS_thumbup:.

Could someone plead advise me on false floors.

Id like to put one in my van to store boards safely. I'd guess you build a 2x4 frame and deck out with 18mm ply, but that would leave a 1200 span with no central support. I'm thinking if you store heavy items on the ply it will bow. I sometimes have cement mixers and other heavy things on board.

How can this be avoided?

Id like to put one in my van to store boards safely. I'd guess you build a 2x4 frame and deck out with 18mm ply, but that would leave a 1200 span with no central support. I'm thinking if you store heavy items on the ply it will bow. I sometimes have cement mixers and other heavy things on board.

How can this be avoided?
steel but it will be expensive

You could keep a couple of lose 4x2s underneath just to support it when there's heavy stuff on top. Or just get it made out of steel tubing

Racking to make sure beads and featheredges stay straight.

011_zps65b930ae.jpg
@Skimble if it's beads you're worried about try this.

How can this be avoided?

i used 2 batons i had well possibly narrow joists one either side then 3x2 across with gyproc flooring tanalised , at the moment it has all sorts stored ontop of it cement mixer plaster and a **** load more trestles batons more batons under the floor , joys of being down a van till it gets fixed

@beddy ................im still waiting for ya van Pics......................:rolleyes)

Status
Not open for further replies.