Van for sale - 03 merc sprinter - 83k - £3500

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelly

Private Member
Right finally got round to flogging my van, I'm offering it on here first as it is idealy racked out for a plasterer (as you can see) and I cant be @rsed removing it all, but I'll have to if it goes on ebay.

Its an 03 Sprinter with only 83 000 miles on the clock.

Its a semi auto, it changes gear for you but you can do it yourself if you want (which comes in handy on the odd ocasion) The actuator as its called went weird lest year and wouldnt select gear properly so I had it replaced by proper ex Merc mechanics see here http://www.m-star.co.uk/ that cost £400 quid.

Twin side load doors, power steering, ABS, ASR (anti wheel spin) ESP apparently it weighs the load and distribution in the back and wont let you go round corners too fast. Ive never tested it cos I'm a scardy cat custard.

Its alarmed and imobilised, and has a parrot hands free kit (it links up when you turn the ignition on so you dont even need to take your phone out of your pocket) That was £130 quid.

Its mechanically sound, bodywork has the odd rust spot I have treated and touched some up they are all tiny ones though its in VERY good nic for the year.

New battery and heater plugs last year.

All doors shut and lock properly, all electrics work, and the edge of the drivers seat aint even ripped all in all its a great van.

Problems - Dint in side door its big ish but not deep, a prang on back above bumper but again next too nowt, the rubber at the bottom of the drivers window keeps coming out and I'm too lazy to push it back in :)

Only 2 seats but I have built this centre console thing dead profesionaly in plywood for putting stuff on like note pad brews and other shlt

No service history I have had it serviced for the last 2 and a half years I have owned it.
Previous to me It was a London evening standard delivery van, so we presume it used to go out for a couple of hours a day dropping off papers which explains the really low miles on the clock. I have seen sprinters for sale with over 200 000 on the clock, same age same price, and we have to presume the lease company insisted it was serviced too but thats just a guess.

Sign written but can be removed with a hair dryer or if you dont live near Manchester I can add you to my website and give you your own page or something at a price :)

What I do know is last year it went through its MO
T with NOTHING needing doing at all.
Ive just realised I dont know when the MOT is up or where it is (moved house entire life is upside down)

For an extra £100 I'll put a 12 month MOT on it................... does that sound fair?

If you want more pics I can do them tommorow, I forgot to do the dints so will do that

£3500 is apparently a decent price I'm only selling cos I want a Brabus vito ;D

Some pics mainly of the racking out it has two rear shelves top one for ladders etc middle one for tools buckets and plaster on the floor, and plasterboard section.

002.jpg

Drivers side load door has access to hop ups small ladders and dust sheet compartment

013.jpg

It aint super clean but I have given it a wipe

012.jpg

Look the front of a van

005.jpg

Holly low milageage batman

010.jpg

Factory fitted Brabus centre console and thats deffinately not pipe insulation armrests honest and cut out bulkhead for kitchen worktops to fit in

011.jpg

The other side load door is sectioned off with shelves but I cant find the photo and its dark I'll do that tommorow

Bruce Willis said:
I like the pipe lagging for arm rests!
Scuse me I quite clearly stated that its Factory fitted by Brabus!..................Pipe lagging indeed :)

Render Systems said:
Put a hinged lid on the armrest then you can sit on it as well as storage...

Not a bad idea that............................ except I'm selling it :)

Went through its MOT with only a bulb needing changeing, thats 2 years on the run with nowt needing doing.

I think I've changed my mind on selling it now.

why sell it if theres nothing wrong with it mate, it holds everything you need. its got 12mths mot, all sign written and that centre console... thats worth keeping the van alone!

steve cov said:
why sell it if theres nothing wrong with it mate, it holds everything you need. its got 12mths mot, all sign written and that centre console... thats worth keeping the van alone!

I know mate.

Its got a day and a half left on ebay, I'll see what it fetches and make a decision then.

Bruce Willis said:
sold to the man who already owns it ! ;D
;D ;D ;D

I decided not to sell it after all. It got through its MOT again with nothing needing doing (apart from a bulb) it got me thinking.

Then some bloke came round to test drive it and one of the first things he said was "whats wrong with it" and I just could'nt think of anything................anything at all.

So what a f*ckin waste of time all this has been :)

nelly said:
Bruce Willis said:
;D ;D ;D

I decided not to sell it after all. It got through its MOT again with nothing needing doing (apart from a bulb) it got me thinking.

Then some bloke came round to test drive it and one of the first things he said was "whats wrong with it" and I just could'nt think of anything................anything at all.

ill buy it £3499

nelly said:
Bruce Willis said:
;D ;D ;D

Could have been an expensive mistake though so count your blessings!

Bruce Willis said:
nelly said:
Bruce Willis said:
;D ;D ;D

Could have been an expensive mistake though so count your blessings!

It'll probly f*ckin blow up next week now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.