Using the forum just to find work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyMac

Private Member
Just a suggestion but how about making it so you can only reply to posts in the "public looking for plasterers" and the "plasterers looking for plasterers" sections if you've made over a certain amount of posts.

Just seems to be quite a few folk who take advantage of this forum only for personal gain.

Yep.... but what if someone who is new has work to post up?

I am thinking of making this section a paid part of teh forum... so plasterers can post up a post (like a webpage) for a yearly fee.... only small mid

This is something that has come up time and time again and I cant find an easy way round it...

Problem is first time posters usually post the work so its got to be open for everyone then youve got the persons details which anyone can read and you can contact them.

I feel sorry for them if you need work you troll the web looking for it and they might not want to get involved in chatting b*ll***s to people who they don't know there just looking for work

its a conundrum. Surely people can introduce themselves first. You wouldnt walk into a room full of strangers and shout "anybody got an graft", without working the room , so to speak

Yep.... but what if someone who is new has work to post up?

I am thinking of making this section a paid part of teh forum... so plasterers can post up a post (like a webpage) for a yearly fee.... only small mid

Cant you make it so new members can make the threads but can't be replied to by new members other than the OP?

I agree with a small membership fee, maybe allowing access to a members section and perhaps discount from traders (refina mentioned something in another thread).

I feel sorry for them if you need work you troll the web looking for it and they might not want to get involved in chatting b*ll***s to people who they don't know there just looking for work

I agree with you spunk when youve got no work you will try any means but it is annoying for members who contribute to the forum. The thing with one post wonders jumpin in when work is offered if they get it and cant do the job it doesnt look good on the forum and personally i think regular posters should get first dibs on the work. Doesnt mean they will do a good job but if the customer comes back on here complaining they wont be able to say much if the poster hasnt posted before they gave him a start.

No it's called reality after posting a thread after quickly registering they shut it down and move onto the next site in the hope of finding a bit of work

I'd understand if job offers were inundated by the regular posters but there not you're all talking s**t, Danny if I were you I'd have a section where you can post jobs and leave it open to members only and charge them 150 quid a year if they want the jobs that badly

Flynny it's a forum and every plasterer can talk a good one I bet there's a few regular posters on here who are actually s**t, none of it is proven that there's bad feedback to the forum and why should it were all as good as our last job and the contract is between the customer and the plasterer

If anything if you make it isolated and then a job gets messed up it'll look twice as bad

How about if members of the public post the job details and their contact details can be held by a 'new member' called JOBLOGGS or whatever. Anyone interested in the job can contact JOBLOGGS via PMs only and the JOBLOGGS account can be accessed by the mods to check out.

See what I did there? JOB LOGGS :RpS_thumbsup:

Flynny it's a forum and every plasterer can talk a good one I bet there's a few regular posters on here who are actually s**t, none of it is proven that there's bad feedback to the forum and why should it were all as good as our last job and the contract is between the customer and the plasterer

If anything if you make it isolated and then a job gets messed up it'll look twice as bad

All fair points but if you didnt have work and a job was posted local to you, that was ideal and a good run and a member on here got in before you,they had never posted im sure you would be a bit pissed coz i would.

In all fairness its not one of those sites where people go to get work like checkatrade or mybuiler, its more of a "plastering forum" crazy but the theme is somewhere in the title :rolleyes) but for people who dont know what it is, its where people swap ideas about plastering!!!!! otherwise Danny would be passing on work to members which I am sure he does out of the kindness of his heart but if opportunities do arise then its a free for all!

In all fairness its not one of those sites where people go to get work like checkatrade or mybuiler, its more of a "plastering forum" crazy but the theme is somewhere in the title :rolleyes) but for people who dont know what it is, its where people swap ideas about plastering!!!!! otherwise Danny would be passing on work to members which I am sure he does out of the kindness of his heart but if opportunities do arise then its a free for all!
Yep more good points, the forum is growing at a very fast rate and in the future more and more jobs are gonna be posted up dont you think regular posters should benefit?

All fair points but if you didnt have work and a job was posted local to you, that was ideal and a good run and a member on here got in before you,they had never posted im sure you would be a bit pissed coz i would.
If the regular poster is regular enough I'm sure they'll get in with a shout
Like I said Danny should charge members to have sole access to jobs offered problem solved then everyone can stop crying about it

I dont think the demand is as big as you would think Dave. Most spreads through out the year are flat out but there comes the odd month we are out of work and its almost a lottery to get work off here at the right time and right place.

I don't look for work on here, don't need to and hopefully wont ever have too, so no tears here yet spunkybum. However it just seems cheeky to jump in and grab the work on a first post.

A small membership charge could stop it probably.

1000% agree charge forum members not the advertiser or youd have no one advertising and if lads want first dips let them decide if its worth it

I personally haven't gone for any work put up on the forum but if any want's to get work from here like i said its a lottery.

I pretty much want to deter the one time posters.... and a small fee would stop that :)

I want to attract the general public to post their jobs here as it will be the members that benefit :)

yeah there has been a lot of opportunities given to members and non members... one being the rome wasnt built in a day.....

Yep i had a shout on the rome thing i also nearly went to france, done a bit with render bender but appart from that **** all lol

I agree there ain't floods of work being offered on the forum, but when it is I think it's a fkin cheek for some tw4t who has never even said hello before to jump on it. If someone butted in like that in the pub there's a good chance someone would deck them and rightly so in my opinion...........

I did a job for John who is Jfe but thats been it for me, but I am tied up most of the time the same as most on here.

Do people come in you're local and shout right I've got a bedroom needs skimming

Occasionally, but usually kitchens :RpS_biggrin:

The point is they don't show much respect, or 'forum etiquette' as said earlier :RpS_thumbup:

Restrict people from lets say 25 posts from answering jobs advertised, must be possible we do it on the private members.

Status
Not open for further replies.