using sand and cement on ewi can it be done !!!!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

kapring

hi all!been asked to do a job!its on ecotherm polystyrene blocks pumped with concrete!the system architect wants is for it to be finished with sand and cement smooth render or stucco!obviously the ewi needs to be fibre meshed first with a base coat but not sure which base coat system is best for use with a sand cement finish!and more to the point not sure if it can be done as wondering if to heavy!have thought of weber rend aid 2 but not going to do anything without sound advice first !thanks guys!

hi all!been asked to do a job!its on ecotherm polystyrene blocks pumped with concrete!the system architect wants is for it to be finished with sand and cement smooth render or stucco!obviously the ewi needs to be fibre meshed first with a base coat but not sure which base coat system is best for use with a sand cement finish!and more to the point not sure if it can be done as wondering if to heavy!have thought of weber rend aid 2 but not going to do anything without sound advice first !thanks guys!

use a mineral render on an sm700 or maitie as said

was wondering if weber rend aid 2 be ok to use? but to be honest I may turn this job down as I don think architect knows what he doing! talked to few lads on the job and they agree!he supposed to be project managing the job and hasn"t shown his face much!he seems to pass the buck

what would you do in this situation ? I really busy so don't need hassle!but I love the challenge of new broken boundries lol :-0

Sand and cement wont stick or flex enough to last over insulation. Simple reason why you use a system with a dedicated adhesive base.

To use sand n cement u would need to riblath it and it will still.crack

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Plasterers Forum mobile app

this is what I thought!i need to tell the customer that the architect has dropped a bollock in recommending a sand cement finish with this system!not sure what to recommend for this time of year!any ideas?i don't spray its all by hand!:RpS_thumbsup:

You nasty ******* Andrew!.

Parinter finishes nice but I find sm almost turns to like a lime putty and it's very hard to get the grain looking even.

You know I'm right..... I'm always right, ask my wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.