Using Blue Gritt for the first Time ?

Watto66

I have 9 artex ceilings to skim over.. I normally scrape off the high points the give the 3 coats of pva.. I've been told to ditch the pva and use blue gritt ? Does it control/ stop the suction like pva does (or didn't ref last post ). How many coats do ypu put on ?

I have 9 artex ceilings to skim over.. I normally scrape off the high points the give the 3 coats of pva.. I've been told to ditch the pva and use blue gritt ? Does it control/ stop the suction like pva does (or didn't ref last post ). How many coats do ypu put on ?
1 coat , good stuff, messy ,it controls suction very well, make sure the artex is sound and won't peel , ps ever tried unifinish ,supposed to excellent on artex,

Its great stuff... thats all I use to use :D Did not use a drop of PVA for years

Thing I don’t get about this blue grit crap is how the hell does anyone make it pay having to go and put it on a ceiling 24 hours before then go back again to actually do the Plastering , tbh id rather over board than use it

Thing I don’t get about this blue grit crap is how the hell does anyone make it pay having to go and put it on a ceiling 24 hours before then go back again to actually do the Plastering , tbh id rather over board than use it
Gotta agree with you there man. These days, the work is the simple/fun part, it's all the travel and the back and forth that kills me and the ole profit margin. In and out for the day, even the 12 hour ones, envelope upon completion. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji318]

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Use the Wickes Pink stuff, cheaper, can get on it after a few Hours.
Or use Artex sealer.1 coat and skim whn dry.
If your using PVA, PVA all your selings with a good couple of coats and skim when its dry.