Upgrading Level 2 to 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLD

Hi, I got my Level 2 Diploma in plastering and then acquired my NVQ Level 2 onsite a few years ago. I'm currently working as a plasterer but I would like to get the NVQ level 3 as a lot of the jobs advertised seem to be asking for it. So I have a few questions...

1. What is the best way to go about upgrading to an NVQ Level 3
Can it be done on site or will I need to go back to college for the C&G Level 3 Diploma?

2. What does the Level 3 NVQ involve and how long will it take to complete?

Thanks.

Hi, I got my Level 2 Diploma in plastering and then acquired my NVQ Level 2 onsite a few years ago. I'm currently working as a plasterer but I would like to get the NVQ level 3 as a lot of the jobs advertised seem to be asking for it. So I have a few questions...

1. What is the best way to go about upgrading to an NVQ Level 3
Can it be done on site or will I need to go back to college for the C&G Level 3 Diploma?

2. What does the Level 3 NVQ involve and how long will it take to complete?

Thanks.

Hiya,

You can do your level 3 onsite, its very similar to your level 2 delivery.

It covers the following skills:

 Running in-situ moulds

 Applying plastering materials to detailed interiors

 Applying plastering materials to detailed exteriors

 Producing reverse moulds for detailed fibrous plaster and cement casting

 Producing and fixing detailed fibrous plaster and cement casts

If you are interested let me know, the price of it is £1820+vat or you can get a 24+ advanced learning loan, which means the college will fund it upfront but you will have to pay the loan amount back as of April next year.

Thanks
Lynn

It covers the following skills:

 Running in-situ moulds

 Applying plastering materials to detailed interiors

 Applying plastering materials to detailed exteriors

 Producing reverse moulds for detailed fibrous plaster and cement casting

 Producing and fixing detailed fibrous plaster and cement casts

Hello and thank you, that was very helpful :) So these five are mandatory?
I remember I had a choice for my level 2, I believe I picked three out of five.

If you are interested let me know, the price of it is £1820+vat

That is very expensive, the college I did my Level 2 with quoted me £500 at the time for the Level 3
I can't imagine the cost has gone up past £900 let alone nearly two grand!!!

Its different units you can choose either solid or fibrous routes.

With the college its that price because you are taken off the job to attend college alot and that means you lose your days wage.

With us its all done onsite therfore you are not losing your wage at all and we can complete you within 4 months.

Fair enough, I'll keep that in mind but I'll check out some other prices before making a decision.

Thanks for your help.

Talk to your local college or training college , you are entitled to enrol provided they have sufficient numbers.
In theory you have to attend one day a week but ask to speak with a lecturer ( in person ) before committing , you may find they will bend the rules slightly if you are keen and willing to work alone to do the paperwork.
I did my NVQ L3 this way and only cost a fraction of what's quoted although you will have to wait much longer.
The service offered above is great as its quicker and more convenient but if your looking to save money.....

Its different units you can choose either solid or fibrous routes.

With the college its that price because you are taken off the job to attend college alot and that means you lose your days wage.

With us its all done onsite therfore you are not losing your wage at all and we can complete you within 4 months.
4 months..................................:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.