Unifinish

Members online

Either there need to make it same cost or just a little bit more Than multi or there mite aswell just do away with it..id use it if it wasn't double the cost of multi u cant pass that onto the customers price just because u cnt be arsed pva ing..

Either there need to make it same cost or just a little bit more Than multi or there mite aswell just do away with it..id use it if it wasn't double the cost of multi u cant pass that onto the customers price just because u cnt be arsed pva ing..
I do, extra 6 quid is nothing on a job. Good thick coat on, then multi on top of that for second coat.

Its not a extra £6 is it tho..ive just done a domestic was 8 bags of multi..got multi for about £37..uni wud of cost £80
It depends, sometimes I find it harder to price in because of cost and it's worth pvaing then all multi. I do many artex ceilings, often eggshell, so get the first uni on so not hanging about for pva and the plastering process had began straight away. Then whilst first coat on ceiling steadying I might then pva the walls. Or I might think f**k pvaing I'll take a break and just uni the whole lot.

It depends, sometimes I find it harder to price in because of cost and it's worth pvaing then all multi. I do many artex ceilings, often eggshell, so get the first uni on so not hanging about for pva and the plastering process had began straight away. Then whilst first coat on ceiling steadying I might then pva the walls. Or I might think f**k pvaing I'll take a break and just uni the whole lot.
It does give you options.... that 4pm bathroom ceiling on the way home etc...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

It does give you options.... that 4pm bathroom ceiling on the way home etc...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
That's why I find it so baffling why it's not taken off. It's completely changed the way I approach jobs now and the extra cost is a moot point if you're getting a job done in a day rather than day and a half waiting for pva or bond it to pick up on a cold day. Uni and speedskim best innovations in the 15 years I've been plastering...no contest.

That's why I find it so baffling why it's not taken off. It's completely changed the way I approach jobs now and the extra cost is a moot point if you're getting a job done in a day rather than day and a half waiting for pva or bond it to pick up on a cold day. Uni and speedskim best innovations in the 15 years I've been plastering...no contest.
Why are so many pallets of uni going out of date in bq.most pros ain't buying it.

Yes, admit it can hang, but get used to that and adjust. Like using multi you get to know if substrate too dry for uni. Part of the learning curve.
Thats the problem every time I used it, has hung like a b***** ,on different backgrounds.too slow for me.
Good that u like it though.

Thats the problem every time I used it, has hung like a b***** ,on different backgrounds.too slow for me.
Good that u like it though.
Can be slow....bit like me, probably why I like it. Just hope for those of us that do like it, it continues, but out of date pallets must be causing concern.

This is embarrassing this has not moved and went out of date yesterday.
image.jpeg

Who cares about unifinish..england beat the welsh!!!!! Any welsh boys on here bar rwf guy!? Nice 11 bells finish 2day to watch the footy..

Who have Scotland got in there group aswell? Oh s**t sorry forgot u ain't even at the euros hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha