Uni failure

Uni flop reminds me of the wall paper they brought out years ago,which instead of pasting the paper or the wall al you did was drop it into your bath full of water for 10 mins,and hey presto stick it on your wall,no prep,no mess,anyone can use it,happy days ,! !!!!

Once its failed you cant use it again as it makes you feel your not in control!
Not at all , it’s a good product , but very much buyer beware ,in the right circumstances on the right background it can’t be beaten , basically if PVa can work so can unifinish

Except clearly it doesn’t
Pallets and palllets have been used , there have been a few failures ,there have been many pva failures also , there are warnings with the product , not over dust,grease ,loose paint etc

Thing is s**t happens , just a lot on here think they are god .. I bet if they were honest they couldn't say they never had one issue in all there years of plastering , lol we'd all know that was a lie .

I was thinking they must sell at least 200,000 bags maybe a million or more a year and even with the 3 or 4 that have had an issue it's not really hard to work out that's hardly any , just a shame so many think it is

Pallets and palllets have been used , there have been a few failures ,there have been many pva failures also , there are warnings with the product , not over dust,grease ,loose paint etc
It's a plaster that doesn't need PVA prior to using so it says on the tin, that's not the full story, if they got rid of multie and said this can be used for everything but the background may need prep depending on A B and C then it might have a chance until then it's dead in the water.

it’s useless then.
It’s actually a nice finish to use , too highly priced, not available enough , not tested thoroughly enough though , BG used a company that wanted plasterers just to love it and not to critique it, that was a flawed plan ,the same company is certified people that can hardly mix as certified plasterers , this will damage BG’s reputation , there needs to be a rethink on the assessments and the product testing , pure finish is a winner in my opinion , durafinish is too niche market , @BritishGypsum

Reactions: gps
Thing is s**t happens , just a lot on here think they are god .. I bet if they were honest they couldn't say they never had one issue in all there years of plastering , lol we'd all know that was a lie .

I was thinking they must sell at least 200,000 bags maybe a million or more a year and even with the 3 or 4 that have had an issue it's not really hard to work out that's hardly any , just a shame so many think it is
Stop pulling figures out of your arse it's a flop and that's down to the wrong info being given out, you being the main culprit.

It’s actually a nice finish to use , too highly priced, not available enough , not tested thoroughly enough though , BG used a company that wanted plasterers just to love it and not to critique it, that was a flawed plan ,the same company is certified people that can hardly mix as certified plasterers , this will damage BG’s reputation , there needs to be a rethink on the assessments and the product testing , pure finish is a winner in my opinion , durafinish is too niche market , @BritishGypsum
That there lies the problem, they don't take anyone's word on board especially experienced fully qualified plasterers. Ignore the obvious flaws at your peril and this is what happens.

Stop pulling figures out of your arse it's a flop and that's down to the wrong info being given out, you being the main culprit.
Rubbish mate most plasterers know the score just by using it , I know at least 30 pallets go out to 30 spreads and they were all fine

I have used it, and found it to take too long to go off on Artex and on Matt walls it goes off as you are putting it on

Rubbish mate most plasterers know the score just by using it , I know at least 30 pallets go out to 30 spreads and they were all fine
I am most plasterers and I also know the score, that there lies the problem what I Just mentioned, your not listening.

I have used it, and found it to take too long to go off on Artex and on Matt walls it goes off as you are putting it on
Maybe u should of laid in with board finish then or put heaters on , not that hard really

What utter sh it no one stocks it lol, so who,is buying it ?

I am most plasterers and I also know the score, that there lies the problem what I Just mentioned, your not listening.
Tell that to everyone who has used it and is as qualified and experienced as you big balls , maybe listen to them your self

That’s 840bags , I liked it there needs to be more info on the bags , it won’t do what it says on the tin every time ,I would use it tomorrow,four or five spreads left the FB groups as BG didn’t like what they were saying

That’s 840bags , I liked it there needs to be more info on the bags , it won’t do what it says on the tin every time ,I would use it tomorrow,four or five spreads left the FB groups as BG didn’t like what they were saying
The info is coming John from the trial I hope they let everyone know the real life reviews and you are right it’s not for everyone as we can see on here too

Tell me how does that work with the guarantee ?
I couldn’t get my head around the guarantee , oukdnt envisage a situation where I called a technician to come and look at a failed wall or ceiling,I’d fix it myself , I don’t believe there was ever an omission of failure by BG ,there were ‘good will gestures ‘ BG is a good company in my opinion but it farms out lots of it’s studies

The info is coming John from the trial I hope they let everyone know the real life reviews and you are right it’s not for everyone as we can see on here
The info should of came first, they won't let the real life reviews only the ones that agree with them especially you. They kicked anyone out or they left who had an honest review.

Reactions: gps
The info is coming John from the trial I hope they let everyone know the real life reviews and you are right it’s not for everyone as we can see on here too
What is the info though , I understand it’s strengths and weakness but it’s been sold like the ‘emperors new clothes ‘

As an experienced plaster the reviews will make no odds because I know every job and background is different, I can use any plaster coz I know about backgrounds and that's where experience and knowledge come in.

As an experienced plaster the reviews will make no odds because I know every job and background is different, I can use any plaster coz I know about backgrounds and that's where experience and knowledge come in.
How many bags of unifinish have you used then ?