Uni failure

Donzo

Lightning has struck,,,,to be confirmed once surveyed tommorow.phone call to say 1 wall has blown of a painted plasterboard wall i done in a bedroom 4 weeks ago.other 3 walls customer says are ok,which is strange to me if done with same gear. I said a month ago if it happened to me i would say.
I have not had a shell off since 10 years or more.cant blame it until i see it.
I have done work in the house last year,,lucky i know the customer.i will update on this to anyone interested.

1 job I did with it on stripped plaster was horrendous...just couldn't control must have applied 6 coats of finish in succession...

Proper brushing wall with water to try and trowel up etc...

I'm convinced that will fall off eventually...

Not fit for purpose...thats why if I ever see vincey in the flesh I'm going to squeeze his nuggets!!!

1 job I did with it on stripped plaster was horrendous...just couldn't control must have applied 6 coats of finish in succession...

Proper brushing wall with water to try and trowel up etc...

I'm convinced that will fall off eventually...

Not fit for purpose...thats why if I ever see vincey in the flesh I'm going to squeeze his nuggets!!!
@Vincey @BritishGypsum

Lightning has struck,,,,to be confirmed once surveyed tommorow.phone call to say 1 wall has blown of a painted plasterboard wall i done in a bedroom 4 weeks ago.other 3 walls customer says are ok,which is strange to me if done with same gear. I said a month ago if it happened to me i would say.
I have done work in the house last year,,lucky i know the customer.i will update on this to anyone interested.
The thing is how do you really tell the strength that paint has to the wall , if it was neat paint on new plaster ,it will fail, if distemeber is on the wall it will fail, if it's oil based under emulsion it will fail

Wont know until tommorow,,,though these walls were skimmed because the paint had crinkled on a red paint below it.shrunk... all walls had this problem.uni does have limitations,,,i might have judged this surface wrong.3 walls are ok meant to be...best of it is the guy is a ex plasterer and he knows im not bullshitting ,,,as he is aware what uni is.
3 other rooms were done a year ago with uni and no problems occured.i will be honest when i look at it.

When you say "Uni" I presume you mean uni bond.
Has its limitations too depending on what it's over.

f**k sake pal I hope @BritishGypsum are f**k**g listening

Was the paint on the back of the plaster ? Or paint skimmed over still on the board ?
Still to c it.....i will be taking picts.
3 walls ok,,,1 blown,,,,same gear,,,,,on top of same paint on other walls,,dont make sense.

If I was you pal I'd be proper bricking it with all the bags you have used!!!!
I think she exaggerated the amount she has used, I've pulled her on it before, she would of had to be using 4 bags a day, seven days a week for the last four years.

I have to say I'm gutted that uni hasn't worked!

The concept is bang on and to the domestic plasterer could have been awesome!

I detest having to PVA and hate waiting for it to dry!

Me too it is a great idea but ruined by unqualified people more interested with fame :whistle:

I've used it and liked it ,it's nice to use , perfect on artex

If I was you pal I'd be proper bricking it with all the bags you have used!!!!
Only problem or failure as such I’ve had has been the paint underneath, this one I just cut out and filled
B5AC27AB-A1FD-441D-89F8-D0DC7E83A8E3.jpeg