Uneven render in sunlight

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acousticceiling

Hello everyone

new to this site so be nice

we have completed the render to a large panelled house and had each area passed by builder 4 months ago

they have painted and removed the scaffold but now when the sun shines at certain times of the day it looks uneven

is there any way of making this right don't really want to take it off

if you want pictures I can add

need help

No mate. The sun is a plasterers nightmare some times. If u have to do something with it I would take it off and do it again. And try to work with the sun light. But that is easier said than done.

Welcome along acousticcieling. Dont beat yourself up over it. The sun is an evil mistress and can make the best job look awful at a certain time of day. Main thing is you got paid and enjoy the forum. Good set of lads on here :RpS_thumbup:

Winter sun vs summer sun it's a horrible thing a nothing we can do other than rub up at exactly 12 noon in the summer lol

dont worry about it mate, if you look at all renders, krend with the sun on them they look ****, but its just where its casting shadows, ive ruled off walls thinking they were perfect but when the sun flashes across them it looks like the surface of the moon. :RpS_crying:

Welcome to the forum :)

Has the builder complained about it or is it you just being over critical?

Enjoy the forum it is a good place to be :D

Yes the builder has complained about it, on my way to site as the imperfections can only be seen at 2pm.....
Was wondering if there was a paint that was maybe abut thicker than emulsion but probe rely not in realms of sandtex high build
as there is little pitted bits where the sand has washed out as we were forced to do it in the winter
this is a really good client and I'd like to get it right

So I looks right 95% of the time? Dont worry about it tell the build its up to British Standard. There are lots of clauses in it about unevenness in glancing light.

There are textured masonery paints that you can put on and roller over (Cementone) .They are great. Sunlight like downlight on a wall is a nightmare even when the work is up to spec.

Yes the builder has complained about it, on my way to site as the imperfections can only be seen at 2pm.....
Was wondering if there was a paint that was maybe abut thicker than emulsion but probe rely not in realms of sandtex high build
as there is little pitted bits where the sand has washed out as we were forced to do it in the winter
this is a really good client and I'd like to get it right
He's trying it on pal !! Tell him to read the replies on here!! Cheeky twot !! Next time he complains?? Knock his teeth out!!

Welcome along bud :RpS_thumbsup: like the lads have said already, not alot can be done. I think curry had a good idea with quoting British standards. Best of luck with it

The answer is to use a light textured coat. I looked at the render on my place when finished . looked perfect till the sun came out.

The British standard approved code of practice, gives a tolerance of 3mm per 1800mm. Your render could fall well within these tolerances and still look pony with glacing light down it. Its a bespoke job done by hand.
Unless you have left it looking like the hymalian mountain range I wouldn't worry about it.

thanks everyone if nothing else the support is great
will try to get pictures up taken at two oclock with no cloud of course
evidently we must have used the wrong sand he suggested kiln dried and wants it dead smooth
even the architect was stunned maybe my devishly good looks have upset him
we are goining to try three methods will keep you posted

thanks again

like flynnyman said some pictures would help so we can see just how bad or not it really is

Gave k-rend brochure to a few customers they all noticed how bumpy the gable end was in the official brochure don't care how good a job you do there will always be the sun to show us all up

I have worked with (and still do from time to time) spreads that were the first approved Krend applicators, all they do is Krend and have done for nearlly 20 years. They still have sun shadows on their work so what chance do the rest of us have

Ok have spoken to loads of people now and I have heard of a sanding stone is this a wind up cause I've got a van load of skirting ladders

He's trying it on pal !! Tell him to read the replies on here!! Cheeky twot !! Next time he complains?? Knock his teeth out!!
Did a job once and said to my mate it looks really good as we were patting each other on the back the sun came round the corner then promptly followed by the customer ,course he said I'm not paying for that so we knocked his teeth out he then paid us but come to realize sun and render are not meant to go together never worried about it since.

@aufweder i agree with sun and render at certain times of day but as for knocking customers teeth out willy nilly lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.