undercutting

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

kemp

was ment do a nice little rendering job today got a call of bloke last night saying can i drop me price for doing it as he has some1 else intresterd i said im doin for me lowest day rate as it is cant go any lower other guy doin it for (get this ) £40 for day how the hell can folks work for that

agree with everything you say kemp,but unfourtanetly as this recession really starts to bite in we are going to see much much more of this right across the country,sites such as this will be full of similair comments over this next few months, and sadly i honestly think the good times have gone,and prices such as these will become the norm, nowadays it is all about survival, dont mean to be all doom and gloom just a realist ,and i hope i am totally wrong.

agree with everything you say kemp,but unfourtanetly as this recession really starts to bite in we are going to see much much more of this right across the country,sites such as this will be full of similair comments over this next few months, and sadly i honestly think the good times have gone,and prices such as these will become the norm, nowadays it is all about survival, dont mean to be all doom and gloom just a realist ,and i hope i am totally wrong.
Have you been asleep for the last 3 years?

After reading hectors posts I always feel like I should go and hang myself :) I hope you told him where to stick his job.

Phoning you the day before the start is a bit naughty. I used to get this a bit until I put a clause in my contract saying that cancelations less than 7 days before the start were liable to a charge. Very rarely happens now.

Dont do it mate. You tell yourself your worth more then £40 you have a skill what a lot can do but many more can only dream
of doing,

Agree to do it for £39 a day but put in small(really small) print that a day is two hours work. Then turn up at 8 and leave at ten everyday day until its finished. That will sort the tight scumbag out

After reading hectors posts I always feel like I should go and hang myself :) I hope you told him where to stick his job.

excellent gps thats what i love about this site genteel humour,once again made me laugh out loud in fact still laughing trying to type this,all the best gps hector

Definitely tell him that you need the work and will gladly do it for £35 a day but can't start until next week.

Then phone him the night before and tell him that you have a better offer of work.

i would say let them do it good look. iv had this then had a phone call to say they have made a f--- up iv said not my problem

s**t on his doorstep. Actually, do it for £39 and s**t in the mix or behind a cupboard .

sounds like a chancer, a newbie looking for their first customer, (weve all been there back in the day), or a builder getting short, alot of undercutting about, its criminal,

The customer has probably realised hes a bit skint and cant afford to do it at the minute and said that taking his chances lol

I WOULD never work for less then me lowest day rate and only then if i know them well or if they got me loads of work etc i cant stand sitting at home waiting for phone to ring i would sooner earn a pittance then nothing at all but 40 a day takes piss in my book i bet its a pole that's doin the job
last job i lost to a pole joiner has been moaning like hell at guy cos instead of skimming the walls he has dot & dab them and gone over the door frames god knows why he done that it just wanted re skimming and door frames building out with bonding etc

Its a f**king joke m8, theres a plasterer in Bristol don't think hes on this forum but hes top of freeindex Carlos - cs plastering services advertising on gumtree for £75 a day.

im a PLASTERER / BUILDING looking for more work 75 dy in Bristol | Building Services & Maintenance Jobs | Gumtree.com

Looks like he does a nice job, all his customers say hes cheaper than every1 else in the reviews and hes still not getting enough work.

Mate i've seen him and he was on a job before me that i was on, the blokes a **** seriosly underpricing for others, he phoned me up and said he worked for 60 a day, i evan offered him a 100 and he said no he wanted £60 blokes lost the plot.....

Definitely tell him that you need the work and will gladly do it for £35 a day but can't start until next week.

Then phone him the night before and tell him that you have a better offer of work.

That sounds like a great plan, im always cutting my nose to spite my face, I would of stuck one on his vera. but what you suggest is a beauty

Mate i've seen him and he was on a job before me that i was on, the blokes a **** seriosly underpricing for others, he phoned me up and said he worked for 60 a day, i evan offered him a 100 and he said no he wanted £60 blokes lost the plot.....

Doesn't sound good m8, he was always cheap going by his reviews, guess it bites you in the ass in the end, doesn't help any of the rest of us out, makes us look like we are ripping the customer off.

s**t on his doorstep. Actually, do it for £39 and s**t in the mix or behind a cupboard .

Tony, please stop stealing my advice and passing it off as your own. Its not proffesional and no ones impressed

Kemp, s**t on his doorstep mate

£40 a day? i need £30 a day just to walk out the door, diesal, grub, tabs and a couple of pints after work.

Status
Not open for further replies.