Undercut Big Time

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve1976

I give another plasterer a pull out when hes busy sometimes , last week he was telling me that he priced a house and good chance he was getting it,was telling me today somebody got it,now house was 3200sq ft inside and out he went in 12,500 and other spread got it for 6,700 , This is taking the piss surely, how can anyone compete with these grazy prices ???

depends on the work involved ie. overskim or board an skim or float/set? whats on the outside steve? still like RHSP says above both prices seem to be massively overpriced

steve1976 said:
I give another plasterer a pull out when hes busy sometimes , last week he was telling me that he priced a house and good chance he was getting it,was telling me today somebody got it,now house was 3200sq ft inside and out he went in 12,500 and other spread got it for 6,700 , This is taking the (french word) surely, how can anyone compete with these grazy prices ???
Thats crazy steve , even 12,500 is reasonable for inside & out but 6,700 is really takin the p i s s ,there is a spread advertising in our local paper with an ad that says autum madness :eek: WTF .
all this under pricing helps no one but the punters.

No lad rubbed up outside roughed and skimmed in. Cash must be, Reckons the guys doing it are getting the dole thats why there going in so cheap ,

let them have it! i price jobs i dont get and i think when they get there get there kit out they will soon think god that other guy had the right price here!

The guy said he went in at 12 and half because he knew that there wer a lot of undercutting going on but didnt think anybody could go in this low

I had the same a few years ago, one of the builders I work for says it's to land the job & then once they've cracked on a bit it's we need more cash........

steve1976 said:
The guy said he went in at 12 and half because he knew that there wer a lot of undercutting going on but didnt think anybody could go in this low

who told yer mate they went in at this price?

As you say alot of these guys bringing us all down are signed on and working for cash...only way to help ourselves is report those who bring us all down.

As for the price as you say he will start the job and then put the price up probably customer will prob end up paying more...i'd tell the customer that its not possible to do it at that price ask him if hes had a quote and whats included. The customer would be stupid to go 6,700.

Unless ...customers paying for scaffold and ALL materials,but even then too cheap.My maths aint great but thats less than 50p a metre.
100 m2 a day = £50.00 a day and in a coffin by christmas.

Maybe its a 2+1 polish crew saving up for a ryan air £1 ticket back to Poland?????

skimmin2day said:
Unless ...customers paying for scaffold and ALL materials,but even then too cheap.My maths aint great but thats less than 50p a metre.
100 m2 a day = £50.00 a day and in a coffin by christmas.

Maybe its a 2+1 polish crew saving up for a ryan air £1 ticket back to Poland?????

LMAO ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Are you sure that all the figures are correct or near enough? That is a very, very big house and a very, very low price and that's the £12,500 I'm talking about.

lol how many times has someone said ive had a cheaper quote? lets start ringing the special hotline coz we are not getting work, what a prick give your head a shake. lets start blaming the poles hmmmmmmmmmmmm i know another forum if your interested they are short on posts coz of this sheite talk. Nobody has seen the job and nobody knows how quick the next man is and the conditions so dont jump to conclusions ive priced jobs and been beaten coz they supplied labour instead of materials and scaffold and to hack off also pva and maybe even drop all ceilings,load up,mix up and so on but i was asked to include all this in my quote god knows why they never asked me but then again i prefer to do it myself then it gets done which this guy might find once he starts which will then piush the price up.

be an eastern european labourer or the customer is being tart cos he wants to pay buttons for his building so he can spend siht loads on media so he can brag to his mates in the pub about stuff that is gonna be out of date in 12 months, unlike the walls of his house that he will be looking at for the next 20 years!!!! you catch my drift. thats bthe great british public for yer

The floor area of the house must be 300m2 or 3200 sq feet .That would work at 300m2 of ceiling and 600m2 of sandcement and skim approx,then the external.

4400kevin said:
The floor area of the house must be 300m2 or 3200 sq feet .That would work at 300m2 of ceiling and 600m2 of sandcement and skim approx,then the external.

Think the floor area of house must be 3200 sq feet kevin i havent seen it my self but this plasterer iv worked with has been about a while good spread and he priced keenly at 12,500 i know you might get undercut by a grand or 2 but half the price is beyond a joke!

flynnyman said:
lol how many times has someone said ive had a cheaper quote? lets start ringing the special hotline coz we are not getting work, what a prick give your head a shake. lets start blaming the poles hmmmmmmmmmmmm i know another forum if your interested they are short on posts coz of this sheite talk. Nobody has seen the job and nobody knows how quick the next man is and the conditions so dont jump to conclusions ive priced jobs and been beaten coz they supplied labour instead of materials and scaffold and to hack off also pva and maybe even drop all ceilings,load up,mix up and so on but i was asked to include all this in my quote god knows why they never asked me but then again i prefer to do it myself then it gets done which this guy might find once he starts which will then piush the price up.

Im with you there fanny. it makes me laugh when people ask about the price of a job on here , if a customer rang you up and asked you to price the job over the phone you would tell them to fock off so why do people on here expect us to do the same. if you think your about right on price and someone is cheaper then move on and forget it. I always say, If people are cheaper than you but your still getting work then thats great BUT if your cheaper than everyone else and getting all the work then your to cheap.

Hi
Priced a gable end render at £2400.00 including scaffolding someone when in at £1700.00 and done it off a very long ladder . What happen to health & safety

Capital spread said:
Hi
Priced a gable end render at £2400.00 including scaffolding someone when in at £1700.00 and done it off a very long ladder . What happen to health & safety
WTF !! im sure that gable looked tidy :eek: :eek:

This is all i have heard this year is people getting under cut luckily this year we have had it once and it was early this year we priced for 400m2 of k-rend we went in £4200 labour only and some bloke went in £3600 supply and fit the funny thing was the job never got finished and the site has been taken over by another builder now and talking to some one who worked there the spreads never got paid and the builder went through the hoop and was owed 90 grand so it was a blessing in disguise :)

I priced a job at £1600 once and it wasn't that high a price she said she'd ahd a price of £900

So I said well let them do it then.

Months later I ended up at next door but 3 on a recommendation and mentioned it to him.

He said he saw the same lads who did the plastering do he block paving, and all they did was put the blocks on the soil and smack them down a bit with a lump hammer ;D ;D ;D

You can imagine how georgeous the plastering was eh?

Silly biotch

Status
Not open for further replies.