Tyzack Centenary

Members online

The Apprentice

It's not such a mad price for a collector, there can't be many about unused and in that condition. People spend insane (to others) amounts on their collections and old/antique tools are a big thing now.

Nostalgia is a valuable commodity.

The old tyzacks are a bloody good trowel but the steal gradually went poorer and poorer quality in my opinion , so much so I brought half a dozen nos ones from eBay 10 year ago I’ve actually just opened my last one on Friday, the steal is great for sand cement plastering but the skimming is made redundant now with nela

i do not like the sellers name, Rob, Robin basket. I can not even remember a Tyzack stainless. all my Tyzacks were carbon steel. i am wondering if this stainless is a later trowel.

I have one very similar to this but it's carbon steel. it was from an auction, I paid £480 for it, but bidding was strong for it.

I got a 1974 carbon one like that one above omg it’s a beast flatter than any other trowel even slightly flatter than my curry carbon , the nela carbon I have comes in third place for flatness, marshalltown carbon 4th

Looks iffy to me, the paper cover if my memory serves me right was a bit oily to stop rust you wouldn't need that with a stainless trowel.
The handle box and look legitimate but the stainless blade looks wrong and I don't remember any of those being stainless.
The real deal
vintage-joseph-tyzack-son-ltd_360_7af0693426ad632469507a0fc8d9fa48.jpg

Looks iffy to me, the paper cover if my memory serves me right was a bit oily to stop rust you wouldn't need that with a stainless trowel.
The handle box and look legitimate but the stainless blade looks wrong and I don't remember any of those being stainless.
The real deal
View attachment 61209
Jealous of that one mate. They did make some stainless, Ive got one but I’d guess the packaging was just standard.

The double shank trowel was not the most popular as they could not hang it on a bucket.
we used the double shank trowel to lay the screeds around the edge of the floor as you could put more pressure on to it. then trowel the middle we a long tom trowel.