Trowel cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebearbeef

Anyone know of a chemical/ method for getting all the build up off the top of your trowels? I keep the blade nice and clean but the tops a ballache. Anyone know of a good way to soften it up and get it off easily?

Going to rule out some obvious answers in advance.

1) get labourer on it.. I dont have one and wouldn't trust one if i did.

2) washing machine- wife wouldn't be keen.

3) soaking it over night, tried it, doesn't really help.

dry wall hand sander, and just rub it off , its not rocket science pal

Wouldn't have thought using an abrasive to clean a smooth metal was a good idea myself but i also failed at becoming a rocket scientist.

Also you don't need an apostrophe before the word 'and' pal.

Dont let them get so dirty in the first place..........you manky bastid beefy:flapper::flapper:

clearly you never did metal work at school :-0 how do you get nicks out of your trowel ? your only rubbing the **** off its not going to ruin it,

Dont let them get so dirty in the first place..........you manky bastid beefy:flapper::flapper:

Yeah there is that. I've only had the trowels 6 months ish and after the first month the novelty of a good clean wore off. Want a lazy way to keep em nice

keep it brushed off in the day, run it under clean tap water at end of the day.. scruffy fukers..lol

I do clean it every trowel and then i give it a swill in the bosh at the end of the day but come on you cant keep em spotless. Stick a pic of yours up if its so spotless ha

mine is mate..lol.. seriously, I wash it off during the day regular, and under the tap when done, and a dry off.. clean as fuk..honest...

Na im not having it. I think you've came on a forum giving it big talk and you aint got the shiney 14" to back it. You've got a filthy one like the rest of us.

a lump of solid compo does the trick as well just dip the trowel in water and rub the compo over it , gets it sparkling and also gets the any nicks of the edges :RpS_thumbsup:

Na im not having it. I think you've came on a forum giving it big talk and you aint got the shiney 14" to back it. You've got a filthy one like the rest of us.

2,handfulls of sand a bit of water and a pointing trowel. Place trowel on flat surface, rub wet sand back and forth with pointer. 3-4 mins and BANG the dirt is gone.

I always wondered what it would come up like if I put it in dishwasher? Fook it I'm going for it il let you know in about a hour:RpS_scared:

2,handfulls of sand a bit of water and a pointing trowel. Place trowel on flat surface, rub wet sand back and forth with pointer. 3-4 mins and BANG the dirt is gone.

Its lost on me, im well in to the drop in liquid, leave, wipe method. Anything else above that now will just be hard work. Glad to see your still on the trowel tho barry.

Pics or your lying.
image.jpg Only got my 18" escaliber tools on job she's filthy though we shall see wish me luck:RpS_crying:

Status
Not open for further replies.