trowel case

Status
Not open for further replies.

tree

Ey up do any of you know where i can get a decent hard case or bag for all my trowels, i've been chucking them all in various buckets willy nilly and noticed yesterday that my prized 13" skim trowel had a wee nick leaving lines as a result :'( think i'd better get more organised

got a van?

screw two bits of 1/2 inch ply about 2" square at either edge of the back door...

run another bit of 1/2 inch ply between em forming a slot you just drop your trowels in..

Get some sparkys plastic conduit the oval stuff, carefully run a knife along one side cut it to size and slip it over the trowel edges job done, and it still fits in a bucket and keeps the edges safe ;)

church said:
Get some sparkys plastic conduit the oval stuff, carefully run a knife along one side cut it to size and slip it over the trowel edges job done, and it still fits in a bucket and keeps the edges safe ;)
Good idea that, a mate of mine has that electricians metal tray along the roof of the inside of his van for edges, rules and levels

They only last about a year though :( then they seem to spilt and break if your not the carefull type .

i bought one of those diamond sharpening blocks the other week from b+q, 4 sides of different grades.. £7.99...

by god does it take nicks out fast... :eek: watch it though.... trowel ends up like a bleedin razor blade..

refina... ihave 2 of them...leather riveted, like a pouch. pops closed..really good about 20 quid i think, i was getting fed up with dings in me trowel

phippsy333 said:
refina... ihave 2 of them...leather riveted, like a pouch. pops closed..really good about 20 quid i think, i was getting fed up with dings in me trowel
hope to god they dont come with a chain and 'live to trowel, trowel to live' stamped on em ;D

not sure Chris but they go a bit mouldy if they get wet , other than that they last years .... well at least three years

had mine 3 oir so myself and going strong, when u 1st get it treat them with a leather feed and they dont go all moody 'n' mouldy,
chris bang on mine has those cheeky tassles handing off it too

Made 1 out of hardboard, easy to cut with a stanley, treated it with linseed oil then fitted a clip on the back so I look after my trowel in the tool box and also have it to hand when working and need a spare hand. Some folk pulled the idea to bits but trust me it worked a treat and as cheap as chips.

yeah your wrong ....i found lord lucan last week in there.....anyway im a firm believer in the "dont clean your van out instead buy a new one"...not washed me old bt'er either...new van on the way, and i'll own the fecker too...non of that lease milarky for me

Ey up do any of you know where i can get a decent hard case or bag for all my trowels, i've been chucking them all in various buckets willy nilly and noticed yesterday that my prized 13" skim trowel had a wee nick leaving lines as a result :'( think i'd better get more organised

ive got a great hard case fore my trowels i love it and you should get one to. its a flight case and i get five trowels in there perfect fit . the company that makes them is called hofbauer cheak there web site the case you want is called maega case yhey cost about £60 and if you get one you will thank me.

Status
Not open for further replies.