tricks of the trade

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just get on with it.Get all your gear ready and mix away and lay on,prepare to work that bit longer as you have no labourer.

yer ill be staying there over night so i can get a bit more on and prep for the next day
how about one coating and sponge floating mite save a bit of time one the walls dont like using it on lids get a wet arm

Two coats for me all the time,one coat is ok on a small area but not on overskims i find.I have never used the sponge,you need quality not quantity.

I wouldnt one coat on a reskim either, troweling up compresses the plaster and thats when bits of the old wall start to show through.

2 coat all skimming,never mind this one coat b*ll***s.:RpS_thumbup:

a apprentice i had, said his dad(who,apparently is a plasterer)said if you can't 1 coat skim,your not a plasterer:-0.

also,what in the gods is spongeing skimming,how the frack do you sponge skim:confused:

what about mp75 or wickes one coat gear its ment too be the same stuff isnt it
im just thinking of ways too get more m2 on thats all
so come lads what you think

On a domestic job you should be looking to leave the best possible finish you can not trying to bang a shot load of metres on. This way you have happy customers which generates more work

get your self know as a quality plasterer youll get a good client base soon enough,word of mouth is a lot more effective than any advertising.
but a bad reputation spreads faster than a good reputation.

cheers peeps I was just trying too get the job done thats all i leave a good finish all the time well try too

what sort of m2s do you try too cover in 1 day on reskim's 1 maybe 2 rooms in a day on your own
working on my tod having too mix up clean ect (not sheeting up) i can do 1 fair sized room with out the lid
at a push i can do 1 room and one wall in the next room
im slow i know i leave a good finish at the end of the day quick clean up prep and set up next room

the m2 varies as how hard i push my self

Last edited:
DSC00433.jpg

DSC00432.jpg

DSC00431.jpg

DSC00442-1.jpg

i done a main bed room on my own in one day finished about 4ish

so say im doing about 1 room per day on my own but no lids
guess i can push out a full room per day with a lid
so a 2 bed house
say 8/9 days on my own
will it benifet me too WBA/BONDIT the hole house first then start skiming
as im starting too have probs with PVA at the mo on reskims
your advice will be most APPRECIATED

Last edited:
you should easy get a room that size done on your todd in a day.ceiling plus pick up any reveals two opposite walls,3 easy sets or 2 if you want to crack on preping all done in advance.
give it a coat of blue grit in advance,no sucton probs etc
you look like your using to much water aswell to trowel up, and getting fat marks when its dry.

but what do i know i aint done any skimming for yonks.

i take your advice m8 thanks bud
iv not seen this job yet soo i really dont know what im walking into till i get there
soo its a good plan too blue grit/BONDIT/WBA the lot first how long can i leave it for ??????
what i meen isif i doo the lot on the first day it wont be till say 8 days later i hit the last room will it need going over agen
is a room a day a good pace or am i just slow and a snail

a room a day, thats fairly normal me old fruit.
why do you need to it again, once its dried thats it you dont need to give it another coat prior to any finish going on.

with the profits of the job invest in a dictionary prior to your next post.

what i meen is if i doo it all the same day it will be 8 days till i hit the last room
so it it ok the leave it for 8 days bofor plastering or will it need doing agen as its been left for such a long time

it doesnt matter once youve primed the walls with a boding agent,youve primed the walls with a bonding agent,job done do it with a quality roller and give it a good coverage,doesnt matter if you leave it a week month year.
It designed to go over once dried,it aint like pva where it needs to be tacky for the finish to adhere to.

Status
Not open for further replies.