Triathlons

Members online

Jay 797

Hi y'all, its been 5 years since I was last on here!
Just wondering if any of you lot participate in Triathlons or swimming?
If so how do you find the swimming on your shoulders/arms, mine always feels fatigued before I start?

I don't do any of that stuff but I do be fcuked after a hard days plastering,especially sand and cement inside.

I've just got back into swimming after a couple of years. Like any exercise, the more you you do the easier it gets.

I only started swimming/triathlons 3 years ago & I just seem to be stuck at my level now & just can't get any faster!! I always blame my job though as when I'm swimming in the evening I'm already knackered its the same when I've got my morning session too.

a local woman who is going to swim the channel has a swimming coach and he has improved her swimming times.

Hi y'all, its been 5 years since I was last on here!
Just wondering if any of you lot participate in Triathlons or swimming?
If so how do you find the swimming on your shoulders/arms, mine always feels fatigued before I start?

Welcome back :D

Triathlons are popular down here... but the sea is damn cold :-\

Had a few people stay with us who are competing in them and they look like normal people... I could not be bothered personally :D

Welcome back :D

Triathlons are popular down here... but the sea is damn cold :-\

Had a few people stay with us who are competing in them and they look like normal people... I could not be bothered personally :D
Can't believe its been 5yrs since I last came on here?!

Triathletes are normal people ta :bananahappy:

I did the Peak district Tri in July & the swim was in the river Derwent right outside Chatsworth House, well that was the coldest water I've ever swam in!! Nearly put me off doing anymore!! :frio:
Where's "down here"?

I did the Peak district Tri in July & the swim was in the river Derwent right outside Chatsworth House, well that was the coldest water I've ever swam in!! Nearly put me off doing anymore!! :frio:
Where's "down here"?
Think he means Sandbanks mate

I only started swimming/triathlons 3 years ago & I just seem to be stuck at my level now & just can't get any faster!! I always blame my job though as when I'm swimming in the evening I'm already knackered its the same when I've got my morning session too.
Get some roids in you like the olympians do :musculoso:

Where's "down here"?

I looked at doing the three peaks challenge :D But work took over...

Cycled john o groats to lands ends in 2012 I think :D

I did the three peaks challenge a few years ago with absolutely no training whatsoever!! I ran down Ben Nevis & fooked my knees & both my big toe nails dropped off!! Won't be doing that again soon.
I'm looking into doing JOGLE or LEJOG in a couple of years time as a 50th birthday treat, how long did it take you Danny?

I did the three peaks challenge a few years ago with absolutely no training whatsoever!! I ran down Ben Nevis & fooked my knees & both my big toe nails dropped off!! Won't be doing that again soon.
I'm looking into doing JOGLE or LEJOG in a couple of years time as a 50th birthday treat, how long did it take you Danny?

lol that sounds grim!!

We did JOGLE but did the scenic route we actually covered just shy of 1500 miles :D all without any support vehicles :D raised about £4500 for Help For Heroes :D

It was an expensive trip... was spending £150 a day to eat and sleep :-\