Travis perkins

Status
Not open for further replies.

s.p.t plastering

I have an account with them, and there only chargeing me £3.40 for a bag of bonding, Vat is on top of that...Lol...Surely that's far to cheap....

I ain't saying owt, lol i use to think they where a rip off, but if you have an account with the rates set up there brillent....

Ha ha £65 full retail for a bag of tyrolean though on my price list WTF, who the **** pays that?.....

I done a job for a client last year and she was supplying so i asked her to get me a render stop bead and pva, She came back with 2 SS render stop beads and a massive tub of unibond Pva (expensive stuff) from travis Lmfao seen her coming they charged her about £100 to

Last edited:
Builders merchants are the worst cowboys in the building trade imo. I f**kin hate them and do my best to buy supplies from the sheds. The prices always change, they mess around with your terms all the time. I hate it when your working away, blatantly in the trade and need to go to the local merchants to pick up mats...roll up in your sign written van, logo on your t shirt. Go up to the counter with a few items and request trade discount they say yea no problem and knock 10% off a price which is marked up 60% or more in the first place. Then you complain and tell them you get it at your regular merchants for so much and the supervisor comes over plays with the keyboard and says the best we can do is a £1 cheaper than the price you have been given. Bulls**t you money grabbing b**tard. Rant over.

Hello Mate
Your spot on there, I just dont use them anymore just use B&Q almost everything you need under one roof and much cheaper

Builders merchants are the worst cowboys in the building trade imo. I f**kin hate them and do my best to buy supplies from the sheds. The prices always change, they mess around with your terms all the time. I hate it when your working away, blatantly in the trade and need to go to the local merchants to pick up mats...roll up in your sign written van, logo on your t shirt. Go up to the counter with a few items and request trade discount they say yea no problem and knock 10% off a price which is marked up 60% or more in the first place. Then you complain and tell them you get it at your regular merchants for so much and the supervisor comes over plays with the keyboard and says the best we can do is a £1 cheaper than the price you have been given. Bulls**t you money grabbing b**tard. Rant over.

i reckon the worst ever company for that has to be howden joinery...
list price for a 2'6" internall door is something like 65 quid, bog standard eggbox... go in there and open a cash account - 18 quid...
every chippie i know with an account brags about their 60% discount... theyve all got it though... just goes to show...

i wanted 3 doors from howdens last year, 1 standard 4 panelled door and 2 half glazed 4 panel doors, price off howdens was something silly like £500. used my mates acount and got them for about £100

Howdens can **** off .... their "discount" is 100% bogus, everything is just way over priced to start with. you can buy much better quality locally for the same price as their "discounted" stuff.

Same s**t as dfs and carpet right, they always have a 90% sale on plus another %300 off if you buy today rubbish. at the end of the day its all a load of b*ll***s and i dont think it should be allowed.

rich

Went in B&Q yesterday rendabond PVA just under £13 on the shelf go through the trade area £7, same with the multie around £5 40 on the shelf £4.06 at the trade i didnt think there was that much of a saving, so on 4 multie i saved a fiver and £6 on the PVA should of been around £34 got for £23 cant beat that.

if you have a account at one of the big merchants,make sure your term`s are up to date else you`ll get clobbered.jewson`s is my choose for kit.don`t forget your paying for delivery and 30 day payment term`s.rarely get any problem`s with over charging.can`t be doing with minceing around b&q trying to save 2 quid on unibond.

The big nationals are all the same, buying out your local BMs and then your long established relationships mean fukall, you're just another punter to be mugged if they can get away with it.

The manager of one of my old local BM was whisked off to Tenerife for 3 days, for a 'refresher' when they were taken over by BuilderCenter.
He was gutted when his little holiday turned out to be 3 days of 12hour brow-beating sessions of the company mantra. 'Sell at a high price, but smile':)
It also pisses me off when they 'renew' your terms at the end of each month - like you're not gonna notice:-0

Status
Not open for further replies.