Tool belt setup

Members online

jimbo71

Whats your preferred method of carrying your tools when boarding? I have a bit of a thing for tool belts, you see these guys in America who carry everything including the kitchen sink, that looks draining!

I keep mine really basic , just essentials

IMG_7217.JPG

I guess I'm probably one of those guys in America who carry the kitchen sink but believe it or not this is slimmed down from what I used to use. I've had a lot of different setups through the years and my current one is by far my favorite. Its durable but don't let the bulk fool you. With the suspenders its VERY comfortable and I can go all day with no back pain. I'm right handed so if you're a south paw this would be changed up for you.

My Belt setup:
20170717_192058.jpg

Right side tools:
20170717_192116.jpg
Here they are individually:
20170717_192143.jpg

Left side tools: (I carry screws on this side. 2 pouches for different lengths if necessary)
20170717_192110.jpg

Here they are individually: (The paper is important if you have complicated cuts and need to draw it out or so you can take several measurments at once. A scrap piece of board works too but this is cleaner and lighter.
20170717_192202.jpg

Nice setup, is that occidental leather? Very expensive over here.

Yes they are Oxy bags. After replacing my bags every few years I decided to only cry onece and bought these. I'm betting they'll last longer than me so over their lifetime it's worth it. I think this setup cost around $350. If you hang a lot it's totally worth it though.

I guess I'm probably one of those guys in America who carry the kitchen sink but believe it or not this is slimmed down from what I used to use. I've had a lot of different setups through the years and my current one is by far my favorite. Its durable but don't let the bulk fool you. With the suspenders its VERY comfortable and I can go all day with no back pain. I'm right handed so if you're a south paw this would be changed up for you.

My Belt setup:
View attachment 18742

Right side tools:
View attachment 18743
View attachment 18744

Left side tools: (I carry screws on this side. 2 pouches for different lengths if necessary)
View attachment 18745

Here they are individually: (The paper is important if you have complicated cuts and need to draw it out or so you can take several measurments at once. A scrap piece of board works too but this is cleaner and lighter.
View attachment 18746

nice :D

My Belt setup:
View attachment 18742

Right side tools:
View attachment 18743
View attachment 18744

View attachment 18745

View attachment 18746

What's that pencil holder thing for - holding pencils?

Have you no ear?

What's that pencil holder thing for - holding pencils?

Have you no ear?
It's called pencil armor made by Johnson. Makes it so you don't lose your pencil in your bag even when it gets whittled down. (and the clip on it is handy) Carpenter pencils don't stay behind the ear very well, especially when you have to throw sheets over your head.

Picked this up today, got to say first impression after loading my tools in it is good, super comfy and looking forward to a bit of boarding now which I normally hate , the nail/screw pouch is massive and solid and the drill pouch is tight , also has a safety strap quick release and the hammer hoop is nice at the back out of the way
5EA51535-3853-45C9-A0BC-48ABC1870722.jpeg

Nice belt, i love a tool belt!!
Gave my other one to a guy who comes out for work experience with me, went in to shop to get a new pouch and seen them with the drill pouch too for only slightly more cost so thought sod it

My Belt setup:
View attachment 18742

Right side tools:
View attachment 18743
View attachment 18744

View attachment 18745

View attachment 18746
On it like a car bonnet!

What is my wife going to say when she sees my eBay history now[emoji32]
She'll say......."omg I never knew you liked the fetish scene........it's been my dirty little secret for the whole time we've been together"........." I feel liberated and can't wait for us to really get into it together".............maybe.....:whistle:

She'll say......."omg I never knew you liked the fetish scene........it's been my dirty little secret for the whole time we've been together"........." I feel liberated and can't wait for us to really get into it together".............maybe.....:whistle:

[emoji33]