today's a good day

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky1

Finished at 7.15pm last night, next job starts tomorrow so off to builders merchants today where I have been coveting a circular saw, running my hands over her, making googoo eyes, wishing she was in my arms .But today was different as I let the moths fly and the new Evolution Fury came home with me in the van.
DSCN0223.jpg upon arriving home we got straight down to it and made a toolbox, Yes i make my own toolboxes . The saw is superb and went through plywood as if it weren't there at all,i had to check if i had actually started cutting !

DSCN0221.jpg

Its all about doing general building work, never under stood guys who plaster and literally ONLY have tools to plaster, unless you're doing site work you always come across stuff where you could do with having other tools/doing other trades jobs just to keep the job going, plastering all day, every day, **** that ****, couldn't think of anything worse!

I see loads of 'general builders' that think they can plaster for instance .... they cant yet its spreads who 'only plaster' as you put that lose out ... I'll go buy myself some gas torches etc and say im a plumber shall I ???

All for having other tools but 'general builders' imo are people that are 'jack of all trades' and have no clue .

You're missing the point mate, but if you want to be semi skilled and not beable to turn to anything else, then so be it!

You are right that a lot of 'general builders' cant plaster.. that's because, they cant.. but spreads (good ones) are usually skilled with high attention to detail so can turn their hand some what to a lot of other things, if you cant fit door frames, architraves, skirts, build stud walls etc/ to the standard of a carpenter then sorry, you are **** with tools.

I own some spanners & bearing pullers too.I split open & completely rebuilt a BMW motorcycle clutch and transmission a couple of years ago which went on to do a tour around France, it's not rocket science is it.:RpS_laugh: Man can do anything if he applies himself with the right attitude dude.

I own some spanners & bearing pullers too.I split open & completely rebuilt a BMW motorcycle clutch and transmission a couple of years ago which went on to do a tour around France, it's not rocket science is it.:RpS_laugh: Man can do anything if he applies himself with the right attitude dude.

'Its not rocket science' is used far to much these day by completely untalented pen pushers, look I fit my own kitchen yeah it's up but looks like a dogs dinner!! As ever it's all about the finish and attention to detail, something that comes with experience within the given trade

I can see that you derive a good sense of satisfaction from making your own toolboxes @rocky1. Have you considered learning how to join the wood without the use of screws? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not a commode for prince phillip, its a box for trowels.

I think a decent tradesman should be able to turn his/her hand to most things.

'Its not rocket science' is used far to much these day by completely untalented pen pushers, look I fit my own kitchen yeah it's up but looks like a dogs dinner!! As ever it's all about the finish and attention to detail, something that comes with experience within the given trade
I understand that,I wouldn't attempt a kitchen. I put new bearings in my washing machine though ,it's spinning like a top:RpS_thumbsup: what about the phrase "how hard can it be?"

It's not a commode for prince phillip, its a box for trowels.

I think a decent tradesman should be able to turn his/her hand to most things.
I believe so too. I have a good mechanic I've known a long time. He does any work on my van. Now ,he is very good at anything to do with auto,s...from electrics to welding ,engineering to spraying,diagnostics to vehicle upholstery,trucks to bikes.
Shouldn't we be the same with a house/building, maybe not the cats whiskers at eveything,but at least competent.

Status
Not open for further replies.