to much fat on trowel

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam01

Hello when I'm skimming I find when I am wet troweling I seem to be gathering quiet alot of fat on my trowel is this cos im using to much water? To much angle on my trowel? Sorry for this question that might be so silly to all the experienced plasterers but im an apprentice. Any help would be appreciated thank you

Hello when I'm skimming I find when I am wet troweling I seem to be gathering quiet alot of fat on my trowel is this cos im using to much water? To much angle on my trowel? Sorry for this question that might be so silly to all the experienced plasterers but im an apprentice. Any help would be appreciated thank you
Possibly putting it on too heavy, lessen the amount on the first coat and second coat, let it pick up, trowel it flat as opposed to trowel it off

Aup yes I had to put it on thick to get over bumps in the wall. It had picked up a little but i seemed to get quiet alot of fat. Could have been plaster not sure.

Aup yes I had to put it on thick to get over bumps in the wall. It had picked up a little but i seemed to get quiet alot of fat. Could have been plaster not sure.
In those cases. Add bonding to the finish, let it pull in a bit,then second

Hi airborne its when im wet troweling I seem to always be cleaning it off my trowel. I use a plazi trowel

I think ashley has it bang on me like was just going to say that .... Getting on it to early with the water , could be a **** load of different things most have been mentioned up above :RpS_thumbup:

I think ashley has it bang on me like was just going to say that .... Getting on it to early with the water , could be a **** load of different things most have been mentioned up above :RpS_thumbup:

I agree mate, sure thats the problem.. keep the trowel flatter the wetter the gear is...

im not having a go but i think you should learn the trade with a ss trowel before using a plazzi or any other gizmo before you become to dependent on them.

too much fat on trowel ....... is this a sly dig at the dieters in the other thread ...:RpS_sneaky:

Dont start the last thing I need is another trowel. You know ill be going out to buy one now.

Status
Not open for further replies.