Tips and tricks for multi finish drying time

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone I just had a customer on the phone asking me does it matter if they mist coat with silk emulsion as it doesn't seem to be holding onto the plaster, I said as far as I'm aware it's normally mist coated with a matt an water am I right?. I nearly pooed myself at first thought they was gonna say the plaster had fallen off the walls an ceiling lol.

Thats what I like to see, believing in you work............:RpS_wink:

As far as I can tell all emulsions have at least some poly vinyl in them - just varying amounts, but contract matt has less than silk and ordinary matt but more solids so is good for coverage & being matt - provides enough key for subsequent layers.
If in doubt download the spec sheets from the various manufacturers.

I use a few hands of bonding in with the skim, I get a few more meters on and a few more penny's in my pocket. Works for me.....

Forget creme of tartar; the smart money is on 20 sachets of Tartar Sauce per 25kg bag of finish. If you can't get Tartar Sauce then a suitable second best is 3 large dessert spoons of Helmet's Mayonnaise but don't forget to stir this in vigorously counterwise. For best results pre-key the surface with a plasprime type mix of hundreds and thousands applied at right angles to the substrate.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.