Tiger stripes

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazgunner

I Cant believe how many people are complaining about this on this Forum and some others that wont b named ,one person said that a BG Rep IT WAS BECAUSE ITS THE TEMPRETURE THIS MAY BE TRUE OR NOT BUT THE REASON FOR THIS IS

1) YOU GOT IT ON TO THICK

2) YOUR TROWELING UP TO EARLY

3) WHEN U DO FINALLY DO YOUR FIRST TROWEL ( SIT THE HELL DOWN AND HAVE A CUP OF OR SOMETHING LEAVE IT

JUST MY THOUGHTS:rolleyes)

I Cant believe how many people are complaining about this on this Forum and some others that wont b named ,one person said that a BG Rep IT WAS BECAUSE ITS THE TEMPRETURE THIS MAY BE TRUE OR NOT BUT THE REASON FOR THIS IS

1) YOU GOT IT ON TO THICK

2) YOUR TROWELING UP TO EARLY

3) WHEN U DO FINALLY DO YOUR FIRST TROWEL ( SIT THE HELL DOWN AND HAVE A CUP OF OR SOMETHING LEAVE IT

JUST MY THOUGHTS:rolleyes)

yawwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnn........who rattled your cage!:rolleyes)

Tried all that,still get them
I dont get them but have in the past a slight adjustment and it sorted it out,wet or dry you can still stop them by closing the face of your trowel, second say if your troweling stroke is bottom to top and your trowel is parallel to the floor/ceiling,turn your trowel upto 45degrees with the face closed in as said above.This is how I avoid them an get an even coloured and textured finish.i can usually hear the change in sound of the trowel on the plaster that causes the tiger marks.

have a go at it and see if it helps although you may have tried it before.:RpS_thumbup:

I dont get them but have in the past a slight adjustment and it sorted it out,wet or dry you can still stop them by closing the face of your trowel, second say if your troweling stroke is bottom to top and your trowel is parallel to the floor/ceiling,turn your trowel upto 45degrees with the face closed in as said above.This is how I avoid them an get an even coloured and textured finish.i can usually hear the change in sound of the trowel on the plaster that causes the tiger marks.

have a go at it and see if it helps although you may have tried it before.:RpS_thumbup:
you get them when the gear is on too thick,thats my thoughts anyway

you get them when the gear is on too thick,thats my thoughts anyway
I know what you mean when the gear is thick you can see them appear but not when you turn your trowel and close the face I have found,we all have different styles so one problems fix for me may not fix yours if you know what I mean.

@Nisus charges extra if it ends up with stripes in the skim. :RpS_unsure: He said it took years of practice to get them to come up.

Last edited by a moderator:
My old man was doing some making good for a firm round his way, he said It was more like big game hunting with all the tigers.
Had visions of him skulking round dressed like that hunter off of Jumanji.

Streaky bacon, it's cos second coats Applied too early and it's thicker than first coat! You really shouldn't be getting Any if your a professional

I blame it on the individual , if you stick with your set long enough you can actually see Tiger marks appear. Hard trowel them out as set takes place and its job done ! Inferior well known Flexi Trowels do not help either !!!

It really not that hard........

Grit everything, then pva, first coat with mt then eze spat, speedskim.then a trowel up with the plazzi.....now heres the trick...sponge the lot.. then spat it again..
2nd coat..lay on with a nelyflex, speedskim the lot then flatten with the spat.....sponge again and then back to the nelyflex for 2 trowels then 3 trowels with the plazzi...one more sponge after that ..and last but not least.......a quick skite with the speedscam.:RpS_thumbup:.... open window and create as much draught as poss and turn the heating right up.

tbh I do get pulled for my work.occasionally...but ive never been pulled for tiger stripes.:)

Grit everything, then pva, first coat with mt then eze spat, speedskim.then a trowel up with the plazzi.....now heres the trick...sponge the lot.. then spat it again..
2nd coat..lay on with a nelyflex, speedskim the lot then flatten with the spat.....sponge again and then back to the nelyflex for 2 trowels then 3 trowels with the plazzi...one more sponge after that ..and last but not least.......a quick skite with the speedscam.:RpS_thumbup:.... open window and create as much draught as poss and turn the heating right up.

tbh I do get pulled for my work.occasionally...but ive never been pulled for tiger stripes.:)

What no hard trowel in the morning? .
Cowboy ;-)

I blame it on the individual , if you stick with your set long enough you can actually see Tiger marks appear. Hard trowel them out as set takes place and its job done ! Inferior well known Flexi Trowels do not help either !!!

A veteran 2008 :RpS_scared: how's it going Kosta ?

I got some cream from doctor for my tiger stripes it works but it dont half make you puuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrr!!:RpS_scared:

You forgot the wet trowel followed by the dry then another dry, semi wet, wet, wet, dry, dry,dry, semi wet dry. With the carbon stainless spatflex.

Status
Not open for further replies.