tiger stripes

mashman

I am sure many of you have had these.I contacted bg a few years ago and they said oh you mean ribbing.They are now saying it's because plasterers use too much water trowelling up.I personally don't use hardly any water when trowelling up but still get this problem sometimes.I am in my fifties and don't recall having this problem in the past.Anyone got any thoughts how to get over them.

Hi mashman, welcome along bud. this has been covered pretty well in another thread :RpS_thumbup:

Alreet marra, there are a few threads on this subject with various ideas and solutions. if you do a search you will find them.

welcome to the forum.................:RpS_thumbup:

I am sure many of you have had these.I contacted bg a few years ago and they said oh you mean ribbing.They are now saying it's because plasterers use too much water trowelling up.I personally don't use hardly any water when trowelling up but still get this problem sometimes.I am in my fifties and don't recall having this problem in the past.Anyone got any thoughts how to get over them.
assuming you read that thread, what in your opinion is cause/solution to this problem?

I was on a course for fermacel and was talking to a guy who used to work for bg and he told me they know of the problem and it is down to either bad clay or they have started putting aggregate (slag out of the power stations I believe)in the powder not just the boards and sometimes too much gets added.

I was on a course for fermacel and was talking to a guy who used to work for bg and he told me they know of the problem and it is down to either bad clay or they have started putting aggregate (slag out of the power stations I believe)in the powder not just the boards and sometimes too much gets added.

Funny you should mention that but i often wondered why a big BG contatainer was always at our local aluminium smelter,(before it got shut down this year like)

cupid stunt
just say allll right love owwwwzzzz that for ya

Learn how to use a trowel properly.
Or buy a speed skim.
:fuckyou:

Haha just stumbled on this now myself..the master of trowrls asking how to sort tiger stripes..year 1 s**t is that fella..classic..#learnhowtouseatrowelproperly.com