through coloured renders.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheshire chris

hi, ive been using one coat renders for about 12 years, switched from weber to maxit about 4 years ago, maxit have just been bought out and the first job ive done with the irish maxit is cracking all over the place, its been applied the same way as i've always done it, and i've never had problems before, is anybody else having difficulties with weber/maxit?

As far as i know its w eber in maxit bags ,always used maxit but noticed a change in the gear just before xmas.I now use Kilsaran or parex.

was it in the sun chris?, had probs before with renders setting too quick on south elevations!

no mate he let someone do it who knows what there doing ;D.......would liked to have been there though

Maxit is the most popular make in my part of Spain so asked a few of the Spanish lads if the have had problems couldnt realy answer as none of them had worked for the last couple of months the problem now being is that their is tons of the stuff slowly going out of date in the builders merchants asno one is working.
Lucius.

grand wizard said:
whats the background
its on existing render,(100% solid) used rend-aid first then applied to spec, was wondering if anyone else had noticed how sh*te maxit has gone since weber started to manufacture it! ive used the stuff for years and never had problems before,

saint goban bought out maxit about a year ago they also own webers and british gypsum... it does,nt surprize me that the new weber maxit aint working ... we moved away from there render due to problems and whet over to maxit which was a very good product the moment we knew webers were going to try to re make it in there ballyclaire mines in ireland we moved over to a new render cos we knew they would cock that one up to.. I hate to say this but the best one coats are made in france germany and spain i dont think we have the right products in our mines to make them hence maybe you have done nothing wrong on your job maybe the gear just aint up to scratch yet

technicianman said:
saint goban bought out maxit about a year ago they also own webers and british gypsum... it does,nt surprize me that the new weber maxit aint working ... we moved away from there render due to problems and whet over to maxit which was a very good product the moment we knew webers were going to try to re make it in there ballyclaire mines in ireland we moved over to a new render cos we knew they would cock that one up to.. I hate to say this but the best one coats are made in france germany and spain i dont think we have the right products in our mines to make them hence maybe you have done nothing wrong on your job maybe the gear just aint up to scratch yet

my thoughts exactly! try getting the weber reps to admit it though! what renders are you using now? i really dont want to stop the coloured render side of things, i love the outside work, any feedback/links would be much appreciated, cheers.

Did you get my Email Chris? Maxit rg 385€ +16% VAT a pallet 42 bags on a pallet dont know what it costs in U.K. but like most things nowdays it is probably more expensive in Spain.
Lucius.

hi all, this job has recently turned a corner and is now cracking on the new block-work aswell, i've had the weber rep back out to it and have been informes today that its cracking because the blocks are the wrong kilo-newtons(ive never heard so much bollox in my life) if anybody else is having problems with weber renders at the moment, then id really appreciate you pming with a contact number so i can discuss it more with you, webers approach to the problems im having with there materials has left me all short of speechless! down the legal road we go methinks

grand wizard said:
did you fully mesh in the rendaid mate
never used mesh before, so didnt feel it wes necessary to start using it now(never had maxit mq, r or rg crack before either) my judgement on the substrate im applying onto has always stood me in good stead, this time i cant help but feeling that weber dont give a toss about the lads that are using their products, i stand to lose in the region of 10k on this job, so i'd strongly advise anybody considering using weber/maxit to steer well clear, my chins still up though, every cloud and all that!

have you hacked off any ares just to see if the blockwork has cracked behind it either that or try using a feeler gauge to see how deep it goes, i think most new blockwork cracks as they build it up to quick and too many courses per day the buildings haven't even started to settle before the rendering starts, we had a similar thing on a job in braintree a few years back all the plots cracked in identical places we had Weber's out and everything and they just put it down to settlement and offered a solution to repair the cracks, when we hacked the render off the crack was right through the blocks, but when they started building the second phase the brickies were using a different brand of cement (as well as actually putting in the reinforcement in every third course) and the cracking stopped

southernmonkey said:
have you hacked off any ares just to see if the blockwork has cracked behind it either that or try using a feeler gauge to see how deep it goes, i think most new blockwork cracks as they build it up to quick and too many courses per day the buildings haven't even started to settle before the rendering starts, we had a similar thing on a job in braintree a few years back all the plots cracked in identical places we had Weber's out and everything and they just put it down to settlement and offered a solution to repair the cracks, when we hacked the render off the crack was right through the blocks, but when they started building the second phase the brickies were using a different brand of cement (as well as actually putting in the reinforcement in every third course) and the cracking stopped

hi, the blockwork was left for 28 days (webers specification) before the render was applied, like i've said, this problem has never occured before and im putting it down to the fact that the new maxit, manufactured by weber is nothing short of sh*te, cheers for your input though!

Status
Not open for further replies.