Through colour render beading

Status
Not open for further replies.
on the pictures second row down that bungalow thing where they have put on the scratch coat of white colour render I can't see any beads on the angles...surely these should go on first?

Is it ok to put 15mm beads on over a basecoat then do the colour coat in 2...scratch coat then top coat. I don't like doing it with 10mm beads.

you either put the beads on, put a tight scratch coat on of say rendaid or whatever, then when cured mono in 2 passes. or basecoat, then bead ontop, then mono. you dont need to scratch coat the mono. once the base coat is on, apply in 2 passes. just make the first coat tight and straight and let it pick up a bit before 2nd coating

Do you not risk getting halo rings or colour variations on the wet edge? as you could be using different mixes also...say you lay on 4m2 1st pass...then go back put 2nd pass on...then new mix continue with 1st pass then back to continue second pass...at this point the wet edge may have picked up and you may be using a new mix...could this cause problems?

Im talking hand applying here

Do you not risk getting halo rings or colour variations on the wet edge? as you could be using different mixes also...say you lay on 4m2 1st pass...then go back put 2nd pass on...then new mix continue with 1st pass then back to continue second pass...at this point the wet edge may have picked up and you may be using a new mix...could this cause problems?

Im talking hand applying here

Just keep questioning things like you do butt and you won't go far wrong. Spot on worrying that dude lol

Could never hand apply again. Just done a freebie for my scaffolder,12 bags of monorex. Would still rather spray it.

Could never hand apply again. Just done a freebie for my scaffolder,12 bags of monorex. Would still rather spray it.

agreed, you tend to get a bit of a lazy billy with a machine, cos they make the job a lot easier.

lugging bags up and down the scaffold,constantly mixing bags and bags up....thank god them days are a thing of the past!

Thanks for that spunky. Talking about crap I got a call from a large Bristol builders last week to go and fix 2 jobs another crap plasterer had done, workmanship was f**king rough first one boarding out a loft conversion, gaps between boards that not even scrim would cover, screws deep into board. Went to see a render he had done also omg holes in it everywhere, looked like hed floated it with his hand etc etc...anyway I'm fixing these 2 jobs for them and they have just given me 2 large jobs full flat in redland to skim out and 4 storey house in Clifton to skim out...happy days :)

Large job laying on in 2 passes between lifts on scaffold your f**ked. Next Krend i'm doing i'm going to price it to dub out where required, basecoat, then 15mm beads, scratch colour (serated edge) then top colour ok?

its for getting the air out of the mono when sprayed and highlights hollows better than a normal edge

He doesn't want to be cause he thinks he'll get rings that's why he only wants to give it one coat

if he flattens the first coat and puts on a good thick flat second coat it dont happen

Gibbo do I need to use the serrated edge between passes to get air out? What is the time frame between putting the first and second pass on is it ok if its picked up alot? no need to scratch?

you dont need the serrated edge a normal edge is fine right what you do is put a coat on and rule flat as you go then double back on it with another coat and rule this flat as you go if on a scaffold do a lift at a time and leave your second coat slightly short of the first then next lift repeat when render is firm scrape with an i section all over make sure you have plenty of cover over any beads then drop back with your scratch float

Ok I see what you saying m8...When you drop down to the second lift say the building is 7 metres wide and you lay on another 7 m2 1st pass...what i'm saying is when you get back to putting on the 2nd pass with a different mix and the second pass has picked up will there be colour variation?

Status
Not open for further replies.